Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good Dwarven Non-metal Weaponary and Armor  (Read 920 times)

Gotham123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Good Dwarven Non-metal Weaponary and Armor
« on: March 17, 2016, 04:53:24 pm »

Welp, The Mines are completely barren besides the occasional Gems, and my dorf Military needs their stuff that they use to kill things and such. but theirs no metal :0 Fortunately workshops can make armor and weapons.

I have access to all sorts of rocks (Gypsum and limestone. and I'm pretty sure theirs some other stuff underground if I search enough) and I got access to Rock Crystal's and Onyx Opal and Bones and wood.

Right now I am thinking of using Lamellar Leather Armor. but I am unsure what materal I should use for weapons

So here are the rules: 1: It must be military-grade stuff. and is as good as Bronze.
2: it can't actually already be a metal.
3: Blunt weaponary and Edged Weaponary are two different things, so please lemme know which material is good for which.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
Re: Good Dwarven Non-metal Weaponary and Armor
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 05:48:29 pm »

I think gems are about iron-grade in bladed weapons and depending on what kinds of stone you have available a linked stockpile that only accepts heavy rocks (best is cinnabar) can ensure nothing but the best hammers.

Another option is making ironbone/bloodsteel which are renewable forms of iron and steel respectively. Where exactly that's done depends on what race you're playing with, but ironbone is made by fusing bones and ash while bloodsteel is made by fusing a bar of ironbone with a barrel of blood. Which means you can make a bar of bloodsteel with nothing but a meat industry and its leftovers.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 05:51:47 pm by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Gotham123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Good Dwarven Non-metal Weaponary and Armor
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 05:58:39 pm »

Thanks for the information! I'm gonna go make a Gemforge and stuff now