Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Invaders not moving?  (Read 802 times)

Darkholy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Invaders not moving?
« on: June 27, 2016, 07:17:13 pm »

Hey guys, I haven't played in a year or so and I'm just getting into the newest releases but I've noticed something odd about the sieges I've had.

The first siege of goblins vanished almost immediately after arriving. The next siege was two squads. The melee squad wandered off the edge of the map and the bow men just sat there for 3 seasons until a diplomat and his bodyguards wandered directly into them. During those seasons I tried luring them into my fort with no success. They wouldn't budge.

That was all on 43.03. I've started on 43.04 now and my first siege was undead. A human lasher and 3 zombie swordsmen loitered near the edge of the map for almost a whole season until I started sending dwarves in their direction to cut trees. It took almost an hour to lure 4 invaders to my front door.

Do invaders just not charge your base anymore? At this rate I can pretty much ignore sieges as long as they don't arrive too  close to my front door lol

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Invaders not moving?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 11:15:10 pm »

There's two things going on here:
1) Hello-goodbye sieges. A fairly recent occurance. Basically a small group of goblins trigger the siege warning by wandering into range of your site. Then they hang around a bit before running away. One theory is that a goblin snatcher has appeared and triggered the siege warning by mistake. Patrols during these "sieges" have often reported the discovery of a thief and Toady mentioned that snatchers should come with guards (the part of the siege you can see). Just a theory though.

2) Undead pathfinding skills are all bugged to hell.

When you get a real siege (which won't be until after you've reached population 80) they'll head screaming towards your front gate like proper goblins (only fully armoured if you're running 43.04).