Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2 Questions regarding Warlocks in 0.34  (Read 829 times)

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
2 Questions regarding Warlocks in 0.34
« on: August 02, 2016, 05:23:25 am »

Hello, after a while I have finally some time for DF Masterwork. Saw the new version which is very well done though it doesnt have Warlocks or an equivalent yet so I still play on 34.11

Well anyways, got 2 Questions regarding the Warlocks.

1st is: Can the Overlord caste actually learn spells? I cant seem to get him to learn Necrosis, each time I check him via the central library it says he doesnt have any special interactions. Not sure if this is intended, but it would make sense, after all their combat stats are amazing.

2nd: Regarding the Library West Wing of Body and Soul: I try to teach one of my Warlocks Arcane Missile/Arcane Armor and Blink. The reactions asks for a gold2_containingbag and I am not sure if thats an actual item. According to the slightly outdated manual Arcane Armor requires 2 candles, 2 bags of herbs, 2 circles of protection and 3 bags of gold. I got everything of that. I am not sure if the manual is wrong and something is missing which wouldnt be too bad. Well anyways that were the question.

According to the raws the reaction asks for this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And the reaction I got to work was the Resistancee spell which asks for this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Either my gold dust bags are not fitting that requirement for whatever reason or that the reaction asks for multiple "types" of gold dust bags isnt just working. Any other spell from that library requiring only 1 gold dust bag works fine.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:36:04 am by ___MeRliN___ »
Signature coming *soon* TM

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: 2 Questions regarding Warlocks in 0.34
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 06:22:15 am »

I think there was an issue with the Overlord not learning spells, yes.

The first reaction you posted, Learn Arcane Armor, has a tiny bug in it, there are two reagents named gold2, one should be renamed to gold3. You can do this in a running save by opening the data/save/raw/objects folder and fix it in there.

The second reaction, Learn Resistance, should work fine. Maybe you dont have enough of the other reagents? You need 2 of each.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Questions regarding Warlocks in 0.34
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 11:20:56 am »

The first reaction you posted, Learn Arcane Armor, has a tiny bug in it, there are two reagents named gold2, one should be renamed to gold3. You can do this in a running save by opening the data/save/raw/objects folder and fix it in there.

Yup that worked, got it fixed. Thanks alot :). Will read a bit in the Raws in a little so I can finally figure out where the craft volcanic alloy reaction for the Dwarves went, I could swear there was one some time ago. I must say after all I prefere the Overlord not having access to spells since his stats are significantly stronger than those of any other Warlock. Guess I treat it as some kind of balancing for now ^^.

Update regarding the volcanic alloy: Checked the raws so I dont need to build the foundry ingame: Apparently you smelt the items from Obsidian, Mithril and Steel. Nvm what I said before, thought there was some way to get the bars directly. Makes sense now.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 02:54:58 pm by ___MeRliN___ »
Signature coming *soon* TM