Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Color Control Rewrite (5/5) - Turn 8  (Read 7815 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Color Control Rewrite (5/5) - Turn 8
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2019, 05:50:31 pm »

I tried making a game like this with spreadsheet assistance, but it just left me adding too much unneeded complexity. And then I had problems balancing that added complexity and then I realized that there was basically one way forwards for maximizing growth. Humm. I can fix that with random attacks based on size, making over-extension dangerous.

It allows for modifying the rate of growth on a per-player basis easily enough. I'll share it if you want.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2019, 06:35:24 pm »

Thanks guys unless someone else wants to take the mantle of this, or co-gm this with me, than I think I am done, for now, with kind of approach. I am most of the way done with another idea that is like the clans game I did a while back. Only I may o may not do multiplayer, would work either way. Should have it ready for you all to tear at in about a day or so.
My Forum game(s):
Medieval Lords 2 Now with more stuff! (Yes I am crazy)

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2019, 06:56:45 pm »

Thanks for running it, was fun while it lasted.

If nobody steps up, I'd like to ask a few spoiler questions:
What was the trigger for getting more actions? Conquering lands?
Was there a limit to how far we could grow green (based on lands conquered, maybe)?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2019, 07:17:45 pm »

Thanks for running it, was fun while it lasted.

If nobody steps up, I'd like to ask a few spoiler questions:
What was the trigger for getting more actions? Conquering lands?
Was there a limit to how far we could grow green (based on lands conquered, maybe)?
I let you know now, you would have to spend 100 points of any color, except black, to get more actions.
Green was maxed at 5X white so a couple people were about to hit max.
My Forum game(s):
Medieval Lords 2 Now with more stuff! (Yes I am crazy)

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]