Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Still can't dump extract liquid from barrels.  (Read 857 times)

timvisher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Still can't dump extract liquid from barrels.
« on: April 09, 2019, 08:28:11 am »

I've tried several different combinations of forbidding/dumping the barrels and forbidding/dumping the blood, venom, or ichor and none of it seems to dump the stuff out of the barrels. What am I missing?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Still can't dump extract liquid from barrels.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 10:18:44 am »

Do you have a "dump" zone and if the barrel is outside, are standing orders set to 'o' 'r' 'o'?  With those, forbid the blood and dump the barrel.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

timvisher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 07:45:26 pm »

So I just tried this in a !!SCIENCE!! embark and still no luck. I embarked with some wolfblood in a barrel. I setup a dump zone, set the stand orders properly, forbade the blood, dumped the barrel, and the dwarves moved the barrel with the forbidden blood in it faithfully to the dump zone.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 02:14:52 am »

I haven't had a reason to try it myself, but it should be possible to forbid the contents and have the barrel hauled to the trade depot. That's only possible while a trade caravan is active, though (and I know contents of cages are removed when cages are hauled to the trade depot if the contents cannot be sold, such as e.g. an angry ogre...).

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 02:27:03 am »

I just tested using booze instead of blood and had the same issue, that the liquid would not 'd'ump when the barrel was brought to the dump zone, but it did work when brought to the trade depot. Apparently liquids cannot be dumped as I has thought.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.