Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Deep token  (Read 522 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Deep token
« on: January 17, 2008, 12:27:00 pm »

I've started playing around with materials a little bit. I read in the past that the [DEEP] tag will make the metal not appear at embark, but I was wondering if it did anything else?

[ January 17, 2008: Message edited by: Wiles ]

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deep token
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 03:16:00 pm »

It makes it exactly like adamantine in the HIDDEN FUN STUFF way.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 03:24:00 pm »

The "deep" tag is not what determines whether the material is available at embark or no. It's the distinct lack of placement tags of the adamantine that do it. The deep tag does just what it says - defines the material that will form the "plug" above the demons' pit. Of course, if you mean stones. For metals, I believe the "not-at-embark" effect is the only one, if there is any effect at all.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 03:35:00 pm »

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure there weren't any other hidden functions I didn't know of.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 08:14:00 pm »

For MATGLOSS_STONE:  [DEEP] determines the location of that stone (in particular, it spawns in the vicinity of the pits).

For MATGLOSS_METAL:  [DEEP] prevents civs from using that metal, but you can still produce it in Fortress mode.

For example, adding it to steel will prevent you from starting with steel battle axes in Fortress mode.  It will also prevent goblins and caravan/town guards (in fact, all NPCs) from spawning with it.  You can't import it from foreign caravans either.  However, you can still produce and use or export steel in your fortress.