Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Worker Profiles  (Read 828 times)

Calessa Lynn Orphiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Worker Profiles
« on: January 12, 2009, 11:29:03 pm »

Like Embark profiles, a hotkey in the Labor assignments screen (or, preferrably, also accessable from the units list), that could be used to assign a dwarf's labor settings to a modifiable preset, with the ability to save new presets that carry over between fortresses.

Xonara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worker Profiles
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 06:53:49 pm »

If you didn't know it already, dwarf foreman is great for managing your fortress's labors, and it might make it a bit less of a pain to manage them. You can get it on the DFWiki utilities page. But yeah, a profile interface would make things easier, I don't see why not.

Calessa Lynn Orphiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 02:55:22 am »

I'm quite aware of utilities such as Dwarf Foreman.  I'm also very firmly of the opinion that such utilities - where it allows ease of use of already in-game functions, and particularly for such a major function - should not need to be made -- they should be a part of the game itself without the need for external applications.

Additionally, I hate playing in Windowed mode, and alt-tabbing to access such utilities is an inconvenience.

As suggested, this would be more flexible than Dwarf Foreman anyway.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 09:41:28 pm »

I have to agree, Dwarf Manager SHOULD be part of dwarf fortress. (with the exception we should probably not be able to force nobles into the hauling business)
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.