Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trade Penalties  (Read 1826 times)

Pesty13480

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trade Penalties
« on: December 17, 2006, 01:49:00 am »

I was thinking of a novel little way to make the game a bit more difficult, and also not being all too hard to implement. While I realize that the whole trade system is getting an overhaul in the future, I was toying around with the idea of penalizing certain trade goods when traded to certain civilizations.

It got me thinking.

Wouldn't it be nifty if the goods you produce in your fort, being dwarf made, were worth less to your dwarves back home? Sure, you're a colony and they expect to trade with you and you still could quite easily while maintaining profits, but a 50% penalty on all dwarven goods sent back to the mountain home could make that interesting.

It would also give you a reason to ask the humans to bring their trade goods, as those ought to be worth more to the dwarves back home for being something they cannot easily produce themselves.

Just an idea.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Trade Penalties
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 06:41:00 pm »

These are the sorts of things I'm going to start playing with once the Caravan Arc comes in.  Goods shouldn't really have set prices at all...  but that's hard to do.  It would be nice to get some basic supply/demand relationships in though, as long as it doesn't make the game fall apart.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!