Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: City Living.  (Read 1879 times)

killaconcarnage

• Bay Watcher
  • ROBOFISH
    • View Profile
Re: City Living.
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 03:10:39 am »

why has no one said under water city yet

Ashmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 08:46:03 am »

Carve out an underground city that is converted to an ontopofground city by the removal of a single support.

...magma and obsidian make people forget that particular cave-in flair so easily. :)

michaelmuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 03:32:30 pm »

build cloud city from star wars, or those houses on stilts from the jetsons. bonus points for figuring out how to get wagons into your depot. and make your entire bottom level mist

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 04:55:21 pm »

could you upload the version of the game that you are using? i've always tried to mod the game to support playable humans but i've always mega failed.
this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 05:15:49 pm »

Build this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Illinois
Make it completely self-sufficient and seal the entrance. For extra points build it in the middle of a human town and get rid of refuse by simply chucking it out the window onto the unfortunate humies below.

Midnightshdw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 09:40:58 pm »

I just started this as mine but i don't mind sharin the idea, i built a gaint wall 5 Z lvl's round the map 6x6 and im gona build an island up at the top and center, with a single support block in the center so i can have acess to underground, then im gona flood the inside of the walls so bassically i end up with a dwarf made island. use ramp's to bring trade caravans up to my island by a long bridge and such. right now im at the stage where im asembling the pumps and all so i can flood it. hope it inspires yah or somthing lol, i liked ure last city, mine never seem to turn out looking as good :)

Canadark

• Bay Watcher
  • meet me in the mead hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 09:45:19 am »

Has anybody ever built a Minis Tirath? I can imagine it would be amazing to defend, especially if the path to the citadel weaves back and forth like it did in the book, giving Marksdwarfs the ability to fall back from one level to another while burying the Haradrim goblins in arrows.
You all do know that we everytime we gen a world in DF, a new universe is created somewhere, and everytime we delete a save we kill a whole world?
Aye, we are Armok, god of blood, evil, villager gutting, fortress building, legend making and elf thongs.

mareck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ahhhh, Dwarf meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 10:16:12 am »

Has been done, can remember the creator complaining about super lag and pathing problems.
Art is a Blast
Pages: 1 [2]