Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Error: Missing Translation Definition  (Read 1385 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Error: Missing Translation Definition
« on: November 25, 2009, 08:27:45 pm »

I get this every time I open up a save from an older version of the mod I'm working on. I'm trying to figure out what the heck the problem is so that I can go back and fix it and get the file to actually work.

It looks like the problem is with the language files, but they're such a horrible mess that it would take ages to go through them, and I'm hoping that's not the issue here.

Any help that can be offered would be greatly, greatly, greatly appreciated.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Error: Missing Translation Definition
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 09:16:51 pm »

This happened to me.  Sadly, yes, it is a language files issue.

Somewhere, one of your language files is incomplete or labeled wrong.  The only simple workaround would be to assign all your speaking races to use the same language file, one that you know is complete, and replace any other language files with versions that are 100% sure to be complete as you have time to do so.  Otherwise, you have to go through each language file looking for missing entries or mistyped tags.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 10:03:39 pm »

This happened to me.  Sadly, yes, it is a language files issue.

Somewhere, one of your language files is incomplete or labeled wrong.  The only simple workaround would be to assign all your speaking races to use the same language file, one that you know is complete, and replace any other language files with versions that are 100% sure to be complete as you have time to do so.  Otherwise, you have to go through each language file looking for missing entries or mistyped tags.

I see. Thank you very much.

To have confirmation is on one hand a relief due to the certainty it brings, but on the other hand it leaves an empty feeling of dread inside.

I now begin the slow, torturous process of scanning my language files. The problem is I need to know the exact difference between language files in order to regenerate an exact world - unless language files do not have an effect on world generation.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 11:08:54 pm »

It should be telling you the title of the entry that's missing.  If you use ctrl+f to search the language files and that doesn't come up, just add it back in.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 03:52:05 am »

It should be telling you the title of the entry that's missing.  If you use ctrl+f to search the language files and that doesn't come up, just add it back in.

Unfortunately, the message that comes up is exactly what it says in the title, no more, no less. The truly bizarre thing is that I can get the region file to work in another version of the mod.