Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Insane necromancy in the next (will it ever come?) version  (Read 6213 times)

UberNube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insane necromancy in the next (will it ever come?) version
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2011, 11:14:27 am »

In 126, Urist McAdventurer's right arm was struck down by Urist McAdventurer's left arm.
In 126, Urist McAdventurer was struck down by Urist McAdventurer's left arm.
In 126, Urist McAdventurer's left arm became the law-giver of the Confederacy of Clenching.
In 126, Urist McAdventurer's left arm took up residence in Bloodrakes, a Hamlet belonging to the Confederacy of Clenching.
In 220, the people of Bloodrakes became suspicious of Urist McAdventurer's left arm's unnatural longevity.
In 221, the people of Bloodrakes rose up against Urist McAdventurer's left arm and drove it into the wilderness.
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2011, 12:08:40 pm »

The other day, you could just clip your fingernails and hair, animate them
Why no one reads? Toady clearly said these kind of body parts cannot be animated. Hand, sure. Single toe - not.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2011, 04:10:16 pm »

In 126, Urist McAdventurer's left arm took up residence in Bloodrakes, a Hamlet belonging to the Confederacy of Clenching.
In 220, the people of Bloodrakes became suspicious of Urist McAdventurer's left arm's unnatural longevity.
In 221, the people of Bloodrakes rose up against Urist McAdventurer's left arm and drove it into the wilderness.
This is actually a thing that might possibly could totally happen.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2011, 05:26:22 pm »

This is actually a thing that might possibly could totally happen.

On the item is an image of the Urist McAdventurer's left arm and humans in goblin bone.  The humans are refusing the Urist McAdventurer's left arm.  The Urist McAdventurer's left arm looks confused.  The artwork relates to the removal of the Urist McAdventurer's left arm from the position of diplomat of the Confederacy of Clenching in the early winter of 221.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2011, 07:33:14 pm »

What I've been pondering since I heard about animating body parts is how they will move? I understand that a severed arm can squirm and grab, but a severed head couldn't even roll itself around.

iEpinephrine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2011, 10:02:16 pm »

It seemed strange that hands could become independant beings, but then I thought of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_of_Vecna and it sort of slotted into an acceptable place in my mind.
"This button makes your dwarves less retarded"

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2011, 10:32:29 pm »

What I've been pondering since I heard about animating body parts is how they will move? I understand that a severed arm can squirm and grab, but a severed head couldn't even roll itself around.
Nonsense.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2011, 09:00:35 am »

I'd like to see an entity made up entirely of bodyparts.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2011, 09:13:28 am »

I'd like to see an entity made up entirely of bodyparts.

A creature made entirely of body parts? No... it's too horrific... I can't...

Spoiler: AUUUUGGGGHHHH (click to show/hide)

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2011, 02:24:15 pm »

Not a creature, an entity. A group. A civilization with only body parts left.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2011, 06:43:13 pm »

I can see that happening to a far-future version construct civ.
Broken machines as far as the eye can see, talking politely to one is the only way to tell if it is dead or alive...

...Actually, Bronze Collossi missing random body parts but still functional and travelling in groups would be cool.
Picture your fort simultaniously attacked by: A torso with a head and left arm; A left arm; A head; and a headless, one-legged collosus.
Pages: 1 2 [3]