Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Apparently someone out there likes DF  (Read 10842 times)

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Apparently someone out there likes DF
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2010, 03:59:39 am »

The meme when I was around  used to be "hope you got 5 bux" - when did it go up to $10?

It was free before 2001, then it was 10 dollars.   You're misremembering.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2010, 04:36:39 am »

I was perma'd from SA about a year ago after trolling LF and Helldump and other associated drama.  I got permission to re-register, but instead ended up taking the opportunity to take a step back and evaluate whether I actually wanted to be there.  It's an interesting and unique community, but a lot of the subforums tend to nurture the worst traits and habits of their regulars, e.g. my former self.  If I ever go back it'll just be for Goons With Spoons or something.

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2010, 01:14:05 pm »

In a desperate attempt to get this topic back to DF, not only SA, I ask...

So, has anyone actually read the latest DF Let's Play, Syrupleaf? I've already said I think it the best succession game ever, but I'd like to hear some opinions from people who did not participate.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2010, 06:06:31 pm »

In a desperate attempt to get this topic back to DF, not only SA, I ask...

So, has anyone actually read the latest DF Let's Play, Syrupleaf? I've already said I think it the best succession game ever, but I'd like to hear some opinions from people who did not participate.

I've just started reading it, looks promising (among other things from the amount of dead dwarves :D).  Short and to the point, yet fun!

EDIT: holy shit rough start! D:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 07:09:53 pm by Krash »
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2010, 04:21:35 am »

And SA is without a doubt the best moderated, organized, and content-filled of the larger forums out there.  Not to mention all the perks of being a member.

Are you serious? I checked the SA frontpage today out of sheer boredom. The latest photoshop Phriday was barely 4 pages, and terrible. 'Content-filled' indeed.

And as for the perks of being a member, paying for the privilege of using a forum with features that don't even work (that you have to pay extra for) does not seem like much of a perk.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]