Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Swarm, a Settler-like alien war game.  (Read 1914 times)

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Swarm, a Settler-like alien war game.
« on: June 28, 2010, 08:01:23 am »

Hi guys!  I got rather bored and lashed together the outline of a boardgame inspired by Settlers of Cattan.  It's still very rough so I was wondering if anyone had any input or ideas to add to it.

http://pastebin.com/eCxzbLn3

Basically, you start with a Queen, found nests, generate resources, spend the resources on nest upgrades and new creatures, and expand.  Victory comes when you double the population of your opponent or otherwise remove them all from the game.  It works on a hex-based map, with most units and nests located on the vertexes and air units moving between hexes.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Pathos

Re: Swarm, a Settler-like alien war game.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 05:23:43 am »

I was considering a Catan-a-like fantasy boardgame, to be honest. The trouble with this is that it looks like it may be a little too heavy on rules for a board game.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Swarm, a Settler-like alien war game.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 06:15:51 am »

I was considering a Catan-a-like fantasy boardgame, to be honest. The trouble with this is that it looks like it may be a little too heavy on rules for a board game.
there are plenty of rule heavy board games out there, but generally those rules get "fudged" and partially replaced by house rules.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.