Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: A newbtastic community game  (Read 2731 times)

halftime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A newbtastic community game
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2010, 06:44:30 pm »

Doppel and Nihilist: Ha! Duly noted. I haven't found any magma yet, but I'll keep digging!

Burnt Pies: artifact sword

Seasonal update--Summer 1053

Captain Brunch has taken to wielding the legendary sword Coversilence. She was last seen hauling a barrel of wine to the surface, presumably to drink while sitting beneath a jungle tree, watching for passing beasties to eviscerate. So far, however, the caverns have proven more dangerous than the wilderness above. The most recent threat was a giant olm, a gargantuan froglike beast. It was no match for our military squad, of course, and now the citizens of the fortress are busy dining on olm meat and stitching together olm-leather bags.

Ashford continues to do stellar work in the kitchen, yet she will not be satisfied until she has access to a magma-powered oven. The miners have been ordered to dig ever deeper in search of a magma vent.

Our mechanic was busily building traps to protect our fortress from further intrusions when a cheesemaker barged in, forcibly kicked him out of the workshop, and began piecing together a truly remarkable mechanism from shale and various crystals. It is a marvel to behold, and it's almost a shame to see it put to use in some simple trap.

I have been approached by an aspiring doctor named Nye, who styles himself "The Professor." He was excited to show me some of his research on "curing" elves and humans, transforming them into happy, healthy dwarves. So far we have not had any elven or human visitors, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. He's requested a laboratory so that he will be prepared when they do arrive.

Nye "The Professor":
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2010, 07:02:51 pm »

I can seriously see the Prof talking a human in to becoming a dwarf, eyeing his kneecaps. A quick thwamp with a cleaver, a few bandages and and a pair of spidersilk shoes and the newly made dwarf happily walks off a good 2 feet shorter. Of course, its hard to tell if hes really happy or not with that kitten sutured to his face, but he really should have grown a beard before the operation.

I now also can't help but imagine his bedside manner, Very social and charismatic, deftly spinning a surgical tool around his fingers with his idle hand. As he finishes the sutures, he snatches and eats the wayward acorn flies interested in the surgery. Wraps the wound and then uses some extra bandage as a napkin.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 07:10:05 pm by Nihilist »

halftime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2010, 07:58:00 pm »

Hehehe! Nice. Also, I've seen acorn flies in the overworld map. I need to figure out how to catch them...

Seasonal update--Autumn 1053:

A battle with a big troll put Captain Brunch in the hospital (and the troll in the refuse pile). Looks like I really need to expand the size of the military, to tip the odds in our favor.

Other than that, not much happened in the past season.

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2010, 12:58:52 am »

Yes well, The Professor is a cheery Doctor who is nice to his patients and very personable. He just thuroughly believes that humanity and elfishness is a disease.

He doesn't react to people thinking he is wierd. He just goes as if he was a cheery doctor.

Thats what makes him creepy.

And he doesn't believe in suturing kittens to humans faces. He uses a hair transplant from the patients head and/or other hairy body parts. Better bald and bearded than haired and beardless.

His current solution to curing humans and elves is to remove a large portion of their spine. No volunteers have survived the process.
Meowth! That's right!

Arni

• Bay Watcher
  • Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2010, 03:25:58 am »

Awww... Already dead :(

Well, I appreciate though that a great hall is going to be created in memorial to Arni.

Arnis last moments
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd like an other dwarf. A male one that joins the military as a warrior wielding an axe. Named Laranto please. :)
Military and Militia. It's horrible

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2010, 05:08:14 am »

Get better soon, Capn!

how severe are her injuries?
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator