Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you have bad expierience with starving Dwarfs because UristMcidontbringyoufood is lazy?

Yes, justice is broken!
- 7 (70%)
No iam Fine! You must be doin something wrong n00b!
- 3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: UristMcJustice|\|00|3  (Read 878 times)

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
UristMcJustice|\|00|3
« on: January 02, 2011, 07:36:11 pm »

You might not want to use justice! Use justice if you want to end up with starving prisoners on chains or in cages 0.31.18Currently supply prisioner demand orders will be ignored after a month or two. Beside that there is no relevant disadvantage in happieness if you dont put your dwarfes into a jail.The only disadvantage will be that they are goin to starve or die from dehydration. Just a warning to save you 3 hours of gaming.

Tested with same fortress 2 times in a row, total of 5 months, tried chains with beds, cages
The first month its ok everyone gets his rations but after the first or second save of a new month they just ignore some of the dworfs and they starve or die from thirst.
Bullshit imo

best regards, vote pls

tsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UristMcJustice|\|00|3
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 08:51:26 pm »

Putting a food and drink stockpile in the cell with them will generally alleviate that problem.  That said, I can't run a 200 dwarf fortress so I leave justice off to conserve workpower.
...Unless your message is "drvn 2 hsptl 4 snak bite" or something, you seriously DO have the time to spell it out.

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 08:22:42 am »

I run it with 110 dworfs now, i built a prision tower for that game element to see its not working as intended =/
Food / Drink stockpiles are only working if your main food stockpile is going to be fulll, or if its nearer to the farms/butcheria workshop.
Mine is not
o/

Felblood

• Bay Watcher
  • No, you don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 03:09:14 pm »

I'm pretty sure this is just a symptom of the greater problems plaguing the job priority system.
The path through the wilderness is rarely direct. Reaching the destination is useless,
if you don't learn the lessons of the dessert.
--but you do have to keep walking.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 03:21:12 pm »

I run it with 110 dworfs now, i built a prision tower for that game element to see its not working as intended =/
Food / Drink stockpiles are only working if your main food stockpile is going to be fulll, or if its nearer to the farms/butcheria workshop.
Mine is not
o/

q over stockpile. t for take from stockpile. go and press enter over the main food stockpile.
problem solved.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 12:38:41 pm »

I'm pretty sure this is just a symptom of the greater problems plaguing the job priority system.

feeding jobs should be highest priority that could exist imo :P

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 01:10:45 pm »

i just tried the idea with the stockpile takin but you can only designate one stockpile to take from stockpile x, so you end up with many stockpiles rather than 1 big one
or youve to make a chain linking the stockpiles to each other you know

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 01:25:44 pm »

Well in generally there is currently no reason why anyone would want to build a justice system. Currently not starting one only results in dwarfs getting a happy thought because their punishment was delayed. Building one costs resources, then it removes a good dwarf from your fortress for some time (costing production) and finally it can even kill some dwarfs. So we should have somethings that make a justice system justified.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 01:52:13 pm »

ye justice suck donkeydick atm.. i just tried chaining stockpiles.. good way to drop your fps and create stupid hauling jobz