Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Story of Ekdikitis Proti Tsekouri  (Read 1082 times)

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
The Story of Ekdikitis Proti Tsekouri
« on: April 10, 2011, 06:10:17 pm »

Note:

Yes, to anyone wondering, his name is Greek, and it means Avenger of the First Axe. Catchy, huh?
Pronounce it however you like, I don’t care, nor do I know. I don’t speak Greek.
His name is getting really annoying to keep typing. By the way, tell me if you like this third person story better or my first person. Even if you don’t like it, it’ll keep going until he is dead or kills Ngokang BodiceRuthless.

Prologue:

Read the story of a’Sitari Gold-Ward.

On this day, a new adventurer was sent off into the world. After the tragic death of a’Sitari Gold-Ward, the dwarf Ekdikitis of the Proti Tsekouri clan was sent off with a single goal.

To kill Ngokang BodiceRuthless and end the reign of terror of The Blockaded Scorpions.

Ekdikitis was a stout axe man, carrying on the profession of his clan. While originally from Nakisgoden, which was in the center of the planet, he would need to go to the establishment of Olon Sterus to begin his quest, as that was closer to the forest of Thala Forile. Ekdikitis was one of the most skillful of all the dwarves from his hometown. He was incredibly tough, had super strength and amazing self-healing capacity. He was what you thought of when you said “Dwarf”. Except, he could dodge better than most elves.

But that aside, he was a spectacular axe dwarf and quite talented as a fighter. Ekdikitis Utherlibash was ready.

Ekdikitis was well equipped with an iron battle axe and a dwarven steel shield. Seeing as the elders knew he was unskilled in the use of armor, he was only given enough clothing to survive the winter by Thala Forile. He knew well of the perils a’Sitari had faced, because he had studied her tale many times over. Ekdikitis knew he would bring a full band when it was his time to confront the goblins.

But not yet, now he needed to become well known around the humans. They knew only of their own heroes and of a’Sitari, but had never had a lot of contact with the dwarves. As such, the humans mostly speculated about what the dwarves were. At least, until the 11th Opal of 505.

The first human to have contact with the dwarves in hundreds of years was a peasant. His name was Pibang QuickFlings. How queer were these humans. They chose to live about the ground, inside of tree skin enclosures. Bah, see how long they would last against a dragon.

True people live underneath the ground to find the precious metals necessary for the creation of steel, something which the humans hadn’t yet discovered; they were still locked in the Iron Age. Good stone walls are what this place needs, speculated Ekdikitis. Maybe one of those magma heating systems too. That would be nice, huh?

However, this was not to be. It would be a mace freezing time here, at least until he could go back to Nakisgoden. Vacation, he thought. Got to keep at the task at hand, at least the council saw it fit to give me some extra coats.

Apparently, after a short conversation with the human, Pibang, there was an outlaw hammer man that needed killing. He was of the ClappedSmokes. To he I bid farewell, off to the layer of the ClappedSmokes. A dwarf’s work is never done, eh thanatou? though Ekdikitis. SO what if I named my axe?

Off a short distance to the northwest, he found the camp. On the map southward Ekdikitis saw a town, filled with weapons, armor, clothes, food, and other useless trinkets. Unfortunately, there were no noticeable fortresses for him to base himself off of. Oh well, though Ekdikitis.

AT THE camp, there were two humans streaming out to attack him. A pike man and swordsmen. The first blow, which came from the swordsmen, was a complete fail. Note to self, recruit dwarves if possible, Ekdikitis thought. Just as his battle axe ripped through the swordsman’s lung, the ClappedSmokes appeared, announcing himself. Another quick blow. More organs. Into a martial trance went Ekdikitis.

Quick blow to the head, bled to death. Move back, axe in, twist, axe out. Muscle cut, hack at head, brain torn, next enemy. Liver gone no more alcohol. Ekdikitis thought about that. How sad, he thought. But not for too long. Back to fighting. Into spine, twist, pull out again. Off with the head. There’s another human. Kill. Off with the lung, no more head for you.

He had barely broken a sweat, yet there were four dead human outlaws in front of him. Ha! Weaklings! That’s what happens you to, my friends, Ekdikitis silently laughed to himself. He came out of the martial trance and began to loot the camp. No sense in leaving profit behind, right?

Hey! Don’t ruin my party human, do I need to kill you too? Ekdikitis angrily sighed. “Come over here pig!” This one was quite skilled though, and Ekdikitis did not have his martial trance to help him. Even though, he was the only one to land blows so far, though only two. The second was too the head and was sure to kill the human soon. One more quick blow of mercy and this one goes limp on the ground.

Cool, thought Ekdikitis. Back to the town to buy some stuff. And get companions.

END NOTE(FOOTNOTE) :

Please post some comments about how to improve my writing. Only CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is appreciated.