Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Things I learned today....  (Read 815 times)

jeffreyac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Things I learned today....
« on: November 05, 2011, 07:03:03 pm »

Had a great start - swimming in iron and flux stone, great location, tons of trees to run the forges/smelters, love the terrain....   arguably my best location yet for my style.

However, I can't help but make a few mistakes to make life more interesting. Here are a few pointers I picked up...

1) Try to remember after the invasion threat has been dealt with, and you release the alert warren allowing your dwarves to go outside, REMEMBER TO TURN OFF 'FIRE AT WILL' ON THE BALLISTA BATTERY!

2) Also, try and remember to release the drawbridges first, before your dwarfs go anywhere near them. They're short enough already - smashing them flat with the bridge doesn't help.

(Note that forgetting to drop the bridges first also channelled most of my dwarf workforce (eagerly heading outside to pick up the bodies) into the long, straight tunnel where the ballista fires... 

SMACK!!

Uh...   Good shot, Urist. Woulda been nice if you'd have actualy hit the bad guys like that when they were invading....

Muttonhawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord-High everything else
    • View Profile
Re: Things I learned today....
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 08:03:28 pm »

Keep in mind that when you raise that drawbridge, Urist McCrushed's body will probably have teleported into another dimension so get those slabs ready.
How sad, imagine what they would've come up with... Booze proppelled rocket bayonets
Quote from: Dylan Moran
You know what you are? You're a beard with an idiot hanging off it.