Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making Herbivore Civ with the SPECIFIC_FOOD token  (Read 960 times)

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
Making Herbivore Civ with the SPECIFIC_FOOD token
« on: October 04, 2017, 09:54:29 am »

Hi.  Thinking about how (or if) I should upgrade Furry Fortress for the artifact arc.  And I was thinking about forcing herbivore civs.  The main herbivore civ are the rabbit-people Lagomers.  In DFHack games, I can stop them from being Hunters, and I have the Tanning Leather reaction disabled and they get mad if you trade animal parts, so meat is taboo, but they can still shoot an animal or butcher livestock if they want to.  Giving civs the GRAZER token does prevent them from eating meat, as far as I can tell, but then they also don't eat vegetables.  Since they are rabbits, I want them to be able to eat carrots and lettuce and so on. 

So I was thinking, maybe I could use that SPECIFIC_FOOD (from pandas) token to disable them from eating meat.  I have some questions.  First, would this token even work on civilized creatures?  Second, can I use this tag to specify all fruits and vegetables instead of super specific foods?  Like is there some equivalent of CREATURE_CLASS that I could use? 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a robot or something.
    • View Profile
Re: Making Herbivore Civ with the SPECIFIC_FOOD token
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 06:44:20 pm »

I'm pretty sure it would work. I haven't tried it out, though. I'm just guessing, but I think the tag requires a specific food. Would adding more than one of the tag make it so that the race can only eat a select few foods, or would they just cancel each other out?

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 08:05:33 pm »

I'm pretty sure it would work. I haven't tried it out, though. I'm just guessing, but I think the tag requires a specific food. Would adding more than one of the tag make it so that the race can only eat a select few foods, or would they just cancel each other out?

Pandas already have the token three times, once for each type of bamboo. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 10:20:16 pm »

I'm pretty sure it only works for grazing. You can't actually ask your dwarves to just eat plump helmets or hamster meat.