Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Continued history  (Read 1216 times)

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
Continued history
« on: July 03, 2013, 06:33:01 pm »

While I bet that this was suggested before, PLEASE implement this at some point. I would absolutely love to gen a young world, play it, and influence history and a part of it and have always wanted to be able to do so. The world is unsettled and then 100 years of gameplay later dwarves rule the world thanks to the influence forts you made had on the world and path they made the world take rather than history almost stagnating after initial gen.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Continued history
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 06:47:45 pm »

The next few updates ahead are literally focusing on making this possible.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 07:04:23 pm »

Cant wait!

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 09:08:04 am »

i wonder if it's possible for civs to turn evil biomes into neutral biomes by inhabiting it.

if i'm correct, humans can turn woodland into plains during generated history.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 05:56:26 pm »

I'd really like to be able to eventually wipe out the neighboring goblin civ.  They've lost over 2,000 soldiers over the years, but every time I check Legends mode, the goblin civ's pop keep INCREASING :(.

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Indrick Boreale, Adventurus Astartes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 08:27:08 am »

I'm going to be making an adventurer for the sole purpose of driving the goblin race to extinction, Ver.

Let's see how it works.
Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 09:09:25 am »

I'd like to have invaders loot my fortress if I lose - grab expensive items and leave. Then come back to my next fortress with my own adamantine and steel equipment. Or if they are massive force, conquer it and turn it into goblin den. Also, if I surrender before my dwarfs die, survivors should be enslaved.

I'd also like demons to invade overworld if I not seal my fortress from surface before they destroy me, but considering how powerful and endless demons are, this would mean destruction of whole world. So it wouldn't work without tweaking hell.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 04:55:29 am »

To be exact, that's exactly what the current update is about, as Toady has been constantly updating us on for over a year.

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 01:07:20 pm »

I'd really like to be able to eventually wipe out the neighboring goblin civ.  They've lost over 2,000 soldiers over the years, but every time I check Legends mode, the goblin civ's pop keep INCREASING :(.
Kinda tells you something about their gestation rates, no?
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Jheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 02:13:54 am »

I suppose it also helps that, like elves, they don't die of insignificant things like age or starvation. So it's pretty much perpetual population growth with no end unless someone kills them all.