Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Defeating werebeasts  (Read 517 times)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Defeating werebeasts
« on: December 03, 2013, 10:17:08 pm »

Suggestions? I think it was Masterwork, maybe a different mod (Genesis by Deon maybe) and all the werebeasts in a world were weak to moonsilver ONLY ALL OF THEM

So anyway 7-8 adventurers later I get lucky with a moonsilver sword, but of course I spawn in a goblin town and by walking into someone, their head gets somehow lopped off and a horde of angry, <<<<<<<<<<<<toolset>>>>>>>>>>>> wielding gobbos come after me and cave my head in. So, apart from finding my death place, and/or killing myself around another hundred times to get a moonsilver weapon again, how do you handle werebeasts and their... immunities...
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Defeating werebeasts
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 10:31:20 pm »

Sounds like Genesis to me.

Werebeasts are incredibly tough, even in their non-beast form. The best bet is to carry moonsilver, since it is 100x stronger against them, last time I checked. In a pinch, you could use regular silver (50x stronger) or argentan (another name for nickel silver, 75x times effective).

Everything else is only one-tenth as effective as normal. If you need to, you could grab a bunch of followers, then have them mob the beast, though that may mean someone else will get your kill. It may also mean that you will have to deal with two werebeasts, if a peasant gets infected mid-battle.

If you are hoping to become a werebeast, you may have to savescum before fighting it. They are really good at ripping limbs off, so getting them to bite you isn't the greatest, but it's how the infection is spread.