Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I defeat the CCS?  (Read 1957 times)

KillaCosby

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
How do I defeat the CCS?
« on: April 30, 2015, 03:07:37 pm »

Howdy!

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster, and I have a question about beating the game. I've recently found the 1st CCS stronghold, and holy heck was I excited! I stormed the place with 6 liberals with body armor and m16's. The raid was going great until I got to the CSS boss, where my squadron was slaughtered by the CCS Lt. Why did this happen? Do I need need to train my rifle skill more, or is there some kind of trick I don't know about? Any help would be appreciated!

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I defeat the CCS?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 04:48:09 pm »

That depends. Why weren't you killing the CCS boss? There's two possibilities:

(1) All your shots were missing

(2) You just weren't causing enough damage

If it's (1), then yes, you need to train your rifle skills. The CCS boss has enough skill in dodge that an untrained attacker will prettymuch always miss (much as with Agents). Use the CCS vigilantes in the front part of the base for target practice (you will not be flagged for murder), and level up a bit.

If it's (2), then your weapons aren't causing enough damage/something else was failing you at the boss. Perhaps you need more powerful weapons with better piercing capability, or perhaps you just ran out of ammo. I suspect that it wasn't this, though, since multiple fighters with M16s should be able to take down the CCS boss (although not without casualty).

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 05:29:40 pm »

Yeah a CCS Boss is nothing to sneeze at, the AA-12 can usually heavily maim someone with a single volley. They also wear ceramic armour if I remember correctly which can take quite a beating, although 6 members with M16s can usually kill them, although they do need a good bit of skill. His bodyguards might also be a bit problematic on masse, since they are the same generic CCS members but their power is amplified from the covering fire of the AA-12.

KillaCosby

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 07:11:22 pm »

I suppose I just need to train rifles and dodge. Should I try to find a good teacher or should I just grind it?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 07:21:03 pm »

Depends, teaching in my experience takes a very long time. If you want to cut down on CCS activity for awhile you'd be better off grinding or just recruiting skilled members. Good luck though, don't worry the rewards of defeating CCS safehouses are great. The AA-12 is a weapon to cherish, I promise.  :D

Purple Gorilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 12:39:40 pm »

If you entered with M16s, I assume you alerted them. If they alerted, the CCS leutnant will spawn with some vigilantes as bodyguards, so you will have trouble killing him.

A good aproach for the Desert Eagle Bar is, to come with Police-Bodyarmour or Army-Bodyarmour, some disguise skill and .44 Magnums and a knife. You can sneak into the site, and reach the CCS leutnant without fighting any vigilantes. When you finally attack him, all six attacks of your squad will go for him, and the knife-wielder in position 1 will backstab him. You have then one free turn, to pick up his ceramic armour and AA-12, and if you move away the sitemode ends without having to leave the place.

This approach only works for the Desert Eagle Bar, as the other CCS safehouses won't let you in without causing alert. In the other safehouses, the violent aproach is better, but then you may be better equiped and trained. Army Bodyarmour or even Heavy Ceramic Armour is necessary, and you should bring good weapons. M16/AK47 is a good base approach, but better weapons, like AA-12 or M249 are prefereble.

Only one thing should never happen : The CCS Leutnant must not crawl away. If that happens, you must leave the site with Vigilantes Responding and a chase.