Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Give me a visual tour of your fortress  (Read 2926 times)

Bakaridjan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Give me a visual tour of your fortress
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 05:01:28 pm »

Here's two shots from my current fort.

This first one is sort of my main floor. The central open space only goes down one more floor and up about five more. On the left is the tavern and food/farming industries. On the right is clothing/leather and two z levels below that is smithing/glass/ash/etc. The library is also on the right. You can see the lower floor, the upper floor with all the tables and chairs has crystal glass windows overlooking the main central hall. The two bottom open areas are two temples to what are my principle deities. Nitish the god of sieges and fortresses and Kebul on the left the goddess of light and rebirth. The crypt is below her temple and the area below his. Further to the south is the grand throne room, but I haven't yet decided when I want the king to come, cause honestly that's just kind of a hassle.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The thing my dwarves have been working on most recently is a temple to Lorsith the goddess of victory. Probably with good reason she has a lot of worshippers in my fort so I decided we needed to do something special. It's the closest I've done to a mega-project and is all made out of engraved obsidian and crystal glass windows and blocks. It's named the Cathedral of Lenses. It goes up about 5 stories with each ring getting smaller, thus making a cone. Somewhat fitting given the location.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2]