Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Missions/Raids don't use weapons/armor?  (Read 1980 times)

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Missions/Raids don't use weapons/armor?
« on: February 05, 2018, 12:53:14 pm »

I heard this on the DF subreddit and wanted to confirm it here. Do missions (and/or world gen battles) ignore the weapons/armor of the units involved? If so, would it make more sense to train only wrestlers for my library raids?
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Missions/Raids don't use weapons/armor?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 07:53:15 pm »

Yes and no. Skills matter, but the gear currently doesn't. Training wrestlers might not be a good idea, since they'll come against people with other skills who will use those skill rolls instead.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 01:04:06 am »

When was that confirmed as not working? Weapons and armour effects for raiders were originally part of the development.
I guess it'll be fixed up during this cycle then along with actually gaining skills from raids.

That and actually arming the non-historical figures your dorfs meet on the way.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 07:21:24 pm »

I don't remember seeing that, all I remember is reading the old discussions about WG battles and how materials don't matter yet, only skills.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 11:41:14 pm »

I don't remember seeing that, all I remember is reading the old discussions about WG battles and how materials don't matter yet, only skills.
Old discussions have no relation to the band new update which added raids. Weapons and equipment were meant to have an effect. But, as with all things raidy, there's a fair few bugs to get through.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 12:52:25 am »

This is the latest that I saw toady comment about equipment in raids back in November after the first release,

Quote from: Me
I wonder how much equipment matters in raid combat.
Quote from: Toady
Assume it is working, it should matter a lot!

Assume or assuming. Anyway, it seems to matter, though not even toady seems to be 100% certain if it's working properly atm.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 11:51:09 am »

Old discussions have no relation to the band new update which added raids. Weapons and equipment were meant to have an effect. But, as with all things raidy, there's a fair few bugs to get through.

Then ignore me. I apparently have memory issues.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 04:47:01 pm »

This is the latest that I saw toady comment about equipment in raids back in November after the first release,

Quote from: Me
I wonder how much equipment matters in raid combat.
Quote from: Toady
Assume it is working, it should matter a lot!

Assume or assuming. Anyway, it seems to matter, though not even toady seems to be 100% certain if it's working properly atm.
Yeah, looks like it's hard to test right now as there's issues with the actual opponents dorfs face. Either they don't get equipment, or non-histfigs are just being ignored. Seems a bit of a mess right now. I guess it'll get better soon.