Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Great Oceanic Construction (A Challenge)  (Read 5163 times)

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Oceanic Construction (A Challenge)
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2008, 06:32:00 am »

Hey, about the dry dock thingie, wouldn't it be easier to simpliy dig out a rectangle (only the edges) over multiple levels, digging straight down, then dig out the lowest level completely and have the whole thing collapse?

Tigerbunny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2008, 10:35:00 am »

I votes for the 24. deadlinethingy cuz I can has mor time please?

My fellow citizens had a few fireimprelated problems including two reclaims, 3 dozen dead dwarfs, about 7 legendary fully named imps (those friggin dudes repopulated the volcano during reclaims), a FIREMAN-ambush, and some weird situations resulting in my mayor actually "doesn't care about anything anymore", so I didn't had the chance to start the challengerelated construction site untill now.   :)

Jayfrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2008, 11:09:00 am »

Indeed the magma creatures cause a little problem.

I've jsut finally moved all my units underground and exposed a little of the ocean floor, I could be another week actualy finishing it though.

My child got ripped to shreds by invading goblins, which caused my wife to go mad and was shot down by the town guard for attacking the brewer and they both rotted before my eyes....

But dayyumm my room looks nice

Mood: Fine

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2008, 01:33:00 am »

It appears that no one is done. One week appears to be too short of a time frame. I have managed to get the foundations of my own work done, having failed 7 different attempts at a functional plan for my ten bridges of the Spire  ;)

Still a few hours to go. I do believe though that since there are not enough entries for the first deadline, the extended deadline applies. Hopefully some fortresses are made for this by then.

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2008, 01:39:00 am »

[img=http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7628/foundation1bv5.th.jpg]

I Have just began pouring my foundations... The way the lava flows this may be a loong time.  :mad:

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

awdball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2008, 12:28:00 pm »

Well many moons late but here's what I just finished spending WAY TOO much time working on:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-4245-themainhall

My "entry" is an under water fort complex built entirely out of green glass. Yeah the date should be something like 1099 but I cheated by speeding up my dwarves or I would have never survived the times when the ocean was breached into the aquifer.

If there's any interest I could post about 8 more points in the history of the fort into the map archive to show some of the trials and tribulations of Taxedearthen.

AWDBall

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2008, 03:14:00 pm »

Darn, you beat me to it!  Silly "work" getting in the way of my glory.  I got as far as having all 1500 glass blocks and 400 windows on hand, and training my miners to swim.  Next step was to build the water destruction mechanism.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2008, 05:33:00 pm »

It is very impressive. Very!
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!
Pages: 1 2 [3]