Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone know how long it takes to raze a settlement?  (Read 2104 times)

skinwalker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Anyone know how long it takes to raze a settlement?
« on: October 25, 2018, 12:23:00 am »

So I've fully outfitted 2 squads of dwarves with steel equipment, trained them into axelords, and sent them off to murder goblins, as you do. this particular embark was to avenge the ruination of an old settlement I abandoned after being attacked by 60 or so goblins at once with no military built yet.

This is all fine and good, and i've fought off a few sieges already, have watched a few forgotten beats fight eachother like Godzilla, but now I have my 2 military squads on a mission to raze a goblin settlement of about 50, according to the civ screen. As the title to my thread suggests, I was wondering:

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to raze a settlement? They've been gone an awfully long time at this point. It's about 3 days travel to the goblin pits, and I think they've been gone over 30.

They're not all dead are they? I've attacked this settlement before and taken no casualties, with my dwarf commanders blowing goblin commanders the fuck out. I hope they're not dead, that's a lot of time and steel just gone.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know how long it takes to raze a settlement?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 01:21:33 am »

They'd be gone from your military screen if they were all dead.
Are you sure they all managed to leave your site OK. They're not all waiting just off-map for that one pastured war dog or the poor unconscious recruit in the hospital, are they?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 08:37:13 am »

They'd be gone from your military screen if they were all dead.
Are you sure they all managed to leave your site OK. They're not all waiting just off-map for that one pastured war dog or the poor unconscious recruit in the hospital, are they?
Heh, there was one time my military left the map and a recruit they were waiting for got attacked by a cave spider and got carried to the hospital. That's when I started making sure my dwarfs have a high skill in armor before cladding them in full steel.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 09:12:08 pm »

i quicksave every time before i send out a raid, the raids are pretty buggy and sometimes weird stuff happens like them never returning, or them returning and then dropping dead at the border of the fortress because their "upper body is gone", with no mention of them having been struck down in the raid report. kinda sounds like you got the former
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹