Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: ClaspedFlames, Draconic Fortress  (Read 2846 times)

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ClaspedFlames, Draconic Fortress
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2008, 01:24:00 pm »

The first immigrant to arrive gotta be me, ok? Pleaseee  :D
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2008, 01:36:00 pm »

There's a few people in line before you, but at the rate we're going I should get zerged by 'em, so there'll be plenty of room for you.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Fenrir

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2008, 05:11:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>QFT</STRONG>

Pardon my ignorance, but what does "QFT" mean?

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2008, 05:12:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by ebontide:
<STRONG>Tater Faceevils</STRONG>

THE FACES OF EVIL

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2008, 05:14:00 pm »

Means "quoted for truth", if I've understood things right.
And yes thats completely irrelevant in that situation.  :p
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Kagira

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2008, 07:22:00 pm »

I'd love to join! Put me in as Kagira, the profession is up to you.
obles make fine firewood.

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2008, 10:52:00 am »

I'd also love to join. Put me down as Ancalagon the Black. Homage to Tolkien.
Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

Fenrir

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2008, 10:57:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Fenrir:
<STRONG>Impending Doom cancels Play Dwarf Fortress: job item lost or misplaced</STRONG>

Ooops, I think that should be "destroyed", not "misplaced".

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2008, 02:24:00 am »

"Yesterday, Skanky and Gislamo finished excavating the preliminary chambers. we have capped off the entrance with two stone doors, and I have ordered the constructon of a temporary palisade around the entrance, just in case. Karsss is constructing his forge as I write this, and hopefully we can begin forging iron before the first frost. MechA has been cutting some onyx clusters I had dug out, although I can see little use for them at this point. Roy is also hard at work in her garden, planting some kind of purple mushroom. I tried one, and found it to be horrible. I don't see how she eats them. the only one who is not hard at work is Tater. Lately, he has approached me many times, insisting that we construct a "depot" as he calls it, in order to make preparations to trade with the elves. I fail to see his reasoning on the matter. Such a project would be a waste of time and wood, in my opinion, but I'd rather not tempt the woodcutter and his axe."
--------------

Another long-overdue update.

Btw, does anyone have any tips on setting up a spreadsheet of who owns/wants  which dragon? The list of immigrant slots is starting to get too long to memorize.

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

UltimaPhantom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2008, 01:08:00 pm »

I would like to have immigrant:

Oriseifnin [Insert dragon color here, like Black if I'm black dragon etc.], the obliberator.

So, any military-job is fine for me.

A HREF="http://techommando.blogspot.com/">http://techommando.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]