Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tribute System Upgrades  (Read 766 times)

Sky-Streamer

• Bay Watcher
  • You are filled with AN EXCESSIVE NUMBER OF BOLTS.
    • View Profile
Tribute System Upgrades
« on: March 17, 2020, 06:22:32 pm »

This is an idea for how Tributes could potentially get an upgrade. It seems fairly lackluster at the moment, so I'd like to suggest a few ideas for how to improve the system!

Tribute Rating
   Tributes would be able to be "rated". When the merchant who gives the tribute arrives, they'll talk to you similarly to how an elf would. They first list their tribute items, then ask if it is satisfactory or unsatisfactory. If you say it is Satisfactory, the merchant will leave and the next year's tribute will be of either similar or slightly worse in its difference. However, this leaves the civilization a bit happier with you, and will be less likely to try and retaliate.
   If you say that it is Unsatisfactory, the tribute will ask why. You will then be allowed to ask for a certain amount of a certain category; Weapons, Clothes, Animals, Weapons, Armor, Food, Furniture, Leather, Cloth, "more items" and Tools would be my guess for how it would be. It'd be very simple; You can choose how many categories you wish, but the more you choose, the more likely the civilization is to violently resist. Not only that, but if the civilization has access to something, they may try and twist your request back at you.
     Sub-Section: Specialized Sieges
   Sometimes, the civilization will choose to send you your desired request... But not in the way you may have thought. Depending on your choice, their seiges and ambushes will be modified to best suit your needs!*
                                                                                                                      *providing your needs include blood, chaos and loss
   If you have requested more weapons or armor, then then they'll happily be provided! If you can pry them from the cold, dead hands of their soldiers.
   If you requested more animals, then by all means! They'll gladly send some your way! They may even have some war training, an even better deal!   
   If you ask for food, be my guest, I hope you have a pretty good butcher!
   If you want furniture, I hope you enjoy it when trolls throw it right into your f*cking skull.

Sabatoge Tributes
But sometimes, the civilization may wish to go out with a bang on your peace parades! So, next time you welcome a tribute, you'll always be on the tip of your toes for some nice, dandy fun!

- A small ambush will approach directly behind the merchant.
   - They'll give you not just some animals, but some violent war trained animals!
   - [Goblin Only] If they can, they'll quickly snag one of the kids and run!
   - [Dwarf Only] A well-armed merchant is a pretty good sign a martial trance is in the making.
   - [Elf Only] The elves will probably just plant literal masses of trees as they run out. Just because.
   - [Human Only] The humans, being sly lil' demons, may try and commit some arson if you're not careful.

[EDIT: Posted early accidentley, didn't want to retype.]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 06:27:12 pm by Sky-Streamer »
i told you about those stairs man
i TOLD you DOG