Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: questions about forgotten beasts in legends viewer.....  (Read 813 times)

guard123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
questions about forgotten beasts in legends viewer.....
« on: August 09, 2020, 11:03:28 pm »

question some questions for those who know....

Does anyone know what happens to forgotten beasts who rampage through dwarven fortresses and somehow disappeared  without a trace?

I checked on legends viewer and it just stated that the last known entry was that they killed some people in some dwarven mountain hall and that was it. The forgotten beasts didnt settle in any town or site but just up and disappeared. I found out that not only one but over 20 forgotten beasts ended the same way where there is no settlement but entries ended without a trace.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: questions about forgotten beasts in legends viewer.....
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 11:54:27 pm »

I've seen a mountain hall with all the dwarves gone and a forgotten beast roaming about. So maybe they don't settle down with a legends announcement, but they still stay at the site where they emerged.

Jundavr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 09:23:26 pm »

Forgotten beasts, and megabeasts in general, don't always settle in sites that they just destroyed.

What you've seen is just a perfectly normal legends entry of a beast attack. Unless otherwise noted, the attacking beast always go back to their lair (roaming the caves in the case of fb).
I was out in the rain. So exasperating!

Jundavr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 09:26:14 pm »

I've seen a mountain hall with all the dwarves gone and a forgotten beast roaming about. So maybe they don't settle down with a legends announcement, but they still stay at the site where they emerged.

Are you sure there were no legends entry for the beast destroying that site and settling there? It can even happen during the 15 day worldgen that happens before every game, as I unfortunately experienced with a retired fort before my adventurer reached it.
I was out in the rain. So exasperating!

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 12:27:32 am »

Are you sure there were no legends entry for the beast destroying that site and settling there? It can even happen during the 15 day worldgen that happens before every game, as I unfortunately experienced with a retired fort before my adventurer reached it.

I checked Legends. He had settled at the fortress.