Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Succession by position with many occupants?  (Read 793 times)

Bjorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Succession by position with many occupants?
« on: May 14, 2022, 04:29:03 pm »

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you knew what happened if I had a position that had as succession type BY_POSITION but said position has NUMBER greater than 1.

Example:
In a civ I wanted to make a position called Elder. There would be 6 possible Elders in any given time. I would also have a position called Chief Elder. He would be something like the president of the Elders Council (pure RP). I wanted that when the Chief Elder died, he was substituted by one of the Elders. If I put a SUCCESSION:BY_POSITION:ELDER tag on him, will he be succeeded by a random Elder when he dies or will it just not work because there are more than one of them and the game would be confused?

Bjorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succession by position with many occupants?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 06:00:00 pm »

Just finished doing an experiment if anyone was curious and I noticed a peculiarity. In most cases this actually works. Almost every single grand elder was chosen from among the elders. There was one case in which this was not the case and the grand elder was randomly chosen. I still don't know why that happened but it was the only case I could find. So all-in-all, I think this method pretty much works so if anyone wants to create something like this, it'll work.