Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Mech games?  (Read 7364 times)

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mech games?
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2008, 03:36:19 am »

I love(d) GearHead, but it won't run on my new computer (a laptop) due to a wacky error. Error: Control-C hit (two memory addresses) and so on. Crash. No one anywhere has been able to solve this madness and I'm one of at least two folks with it. C'est la vie.

Awesome game though. The sequel is seriously coming along. It's better than the original, I think, except Joseph fixed that hilariously awesome bug-feature that allowed you to add crazy amounts of parts to a mech.

I'm talking a huge class mech with six tiny wings and like a thousand jets to allow it to float slowly through the air like a butterfly. I'd fly into battle in an unstable way, float toward my enemies until they shoot off my wings, smash against the ground, skim forward and murder everything as my top speed had gone from 70 to 198, ish.

The most epic battle I had involved light nuclear missiles. The entire battlefield was on fire and razed. I had no legs left, one arm, and I was floating with the jets on my back, unable to fight properly. My lancemate skimmed about in a highly damaged escher and managed to take out everyone from behind as I took all the shots. I'm talking like five nuclear missiles hitting me. Crazy fun. By the end I was Haywire'd, rust'd, a whole damn mess.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2008, 02:30:15 pm »

Wow. A game more random then Elona. Gearhead that is. I was just informed that I wouldn't know a dead underwear if it slapped me in the face.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2008, 10:18:20 pm »

Going on foot(your own, not mechanical) against a mecha with a monomolecular wihip is great fun. Or jamming another five cannons on your tank's turret(even if it was a bug, it was cool). I had the impression though, that with high enough reflex stat(or dexterity? or something, can't remember) you could dodge pretty much anything they shoot at you.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2008, 11:36:07 pm »

Going on foot(your own, not mechanical) against a mecha with a monomolecular wihip is great fun. Or jamming another five cannons on your tank's turret(even if it was a bug, it was cool). I had the impression though, that with high enough reflex stat(or dexterity? or something, can't remember) you could dodge pretty much anything they shoot at you.
Yes trying to beat the final boss with no armor and no weapons on the other hand IS NOT FUN.It drove me insane. My current character is apox. 300 days into the game and still I need more training.

But destroying ususaly feirce mechs with your bare hands is epic though...

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2008, 08:22:41 am »

I had a ninja who could kill most mechas with a scythe. And the jamming things in a turret/mech isn't a bug I think, it depends on your skill, note that your vehicle gets heavier than it should and bad things start to happen.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]