Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Name this game.  (Read 950 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Name this game.
« on: January 24, 2010, 09:51:31 am »

I remember a game, maybe in the Doom series, where you had a shotgun. It's a powerful weapon, but if you use it too much, it will shoot you. I don't remember the name of the game though. Maybe this game does not exist and I might be imagining it though.

I had a dream where I was playing a generic FPS and my opponent was trying to get me to use the shotgun enough time in the hopes that I shoot myself and he wins. I gave up using the shotgun though.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Name this game.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 11:16:46 am »

Closest thing I can think of is the energy gun thingemy in half-life, where if you charge it too much it blows up in your face... But that's probably not what you're looking for.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 05:09:16 am »

Well, it's not in Doom or Quake, that's for sure--and if it's a shotgun then it's sure not in Hexen or Heretic though I haven't played those enough to know the mechanics.  Don't know about Marathon either.

It sounds like the weird mechanics I get in my dreams, too, so my guess is, it came outta nowhere.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 09:10:22 am »

i can only think of a few games that have that "self shooting" :

Half life : the gauss gun will burst if you M2 too long , but retains the gun , pretty much means the gun team-shot you

tremoulous(free game) : the lucfier cannon will also burst if you M1 too long , another team-shot

also , i do remember a game where the shotgun will shoot you if you use it too much , forgot the name , gotta search it

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 05:36:07 am »

Heh, I seem to recall a game where you blow things up and the goop from the dead body clogged the gun if you were too close and damaged you when you shoot it. Can't remember what it was though, didn't play it for long.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.