Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Clashespaints: The Quest for a Pick (community)  (Read 15376 times)

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clashespaints: The Quest for a Pick (community)
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2009, 05:25:12 pm »

Goron's getting pretty good.

Could you upload another map when the construction is done?

Yeah, I'm still not sure what happens when he reaches great amrksdwarf as a hunter though. I'll put up another map after the next update.

I remember reading somewhere that such dwarves will stay civilians until you activate them.  At that point they will never be civilians again.

GlassInMyEyeGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • "Yes, brown bread... for my BREAD GUN!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2009, 06:03:18 pm »

Unluckily for you, moses is already taken.

(read the post above yours, last quote)

Also, put me on the metal waiting list for a steel crossbow. unless i already have one.

CRAP!
Oh well... I'll take some other person... you can give him a bone crossbow or something.
*Sighs* so close.
"And the man is there, behind bulletproof glass, slumped over the counter, DEAD! Or sleeping- but it doesn't matter, because you're banging on the glass crying: 'Wake up, I want groceries!'. He ultimately wakes up, but then it becomes a game of charades over what you need from him whilst talking through the glass. Meanwhile, a cue is forming behind you. A cue of MURDERERS! With DIFFERENT WEAPONS!" -Eddie Izzard speaking about late-night petrol (gas) station shopping

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2009, 06:58:14 pm »

So it turns out of the unclaimed dwarves, only Inod is male. Sava, let me know if you want him or want to stick with Mosus.

Glass, if Sava keeps Mosus, you'll get Libash Adolcerol. Unless you wanted a male as well, in which case you'll have to wait till we get immigrants. Libash has spent the last few months in the archery range and I was planning to have her stay there for a while.

Also, Libash is romantically involved with Christes, and will get to share the Official Mayoral Quarters once I build it. And once Christes is actually mayor. We only have 19 dwarves right now. Of course this goes without saying, but if Christes loses an election you'll both be evicted.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2009, 09:41:16 pm »

But Christes can't lose an election with all those ... building designing ... skills  ::)

GlassInMyEyeGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • "Yes, brown bread... for my BREAD GUN!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2009, 06:21:40 pm »

Yeah... I might go for a male dwarf in this case. I wouldn't be so bothered with it if she wasn't, at the moment, romantically involved with another dwarf. It's just this thing I have. So, either a dramatically retrained Inod or some random other dwarf.
"And the man is there, behind bulletproof glass, slumped over the counter, DEAD! Or sleeping- but it doesn't matter, because you're banging on the glass crying: 'Wake up, I want groceries!'. He ultimately wakes up, but then it becomes a game of charades over what you need from him whilst talking through the glass. Meanwhile, a cue is forming behind you. A cue of MURDERERS! With DIFFERENT WEAPONS!" -Eddie Izzard speaking about late-night petrol (gas) station shopping

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2009, 06:23:35 pm »

Goron: Hey! Need some help over here! I’m out of bolts and I’m determined to bring in this elephant!

Akigagak: Alright, I’m here! Let’s get this thing!

Goron: No, you get it, I’m going to get a drink.

Akigagak: But you’re better armoured than me, I’d really prefer some help on this. Are you listening? ...Alright then.

Back in the dining room

Akigagak: I killed your damned elephant, you can haul it back to camp though.

Goron: No, that’s alright. I’ll kill that other one. It’s closer.

Akigagak: You know, despite its silverness, this axe is still pretty deadly.

Goron: Yes, I know. Good for chopping up elephants I’ve lost interest in, right?

Akigagak: Also good for chopping up arrogant hunters!

Goron: Really? Like who?

Monk: Help! Thief!

Akigagak: You are so damned lucky.

Christes: I’ve got the bridges for The Project rebuilt!

MJO: And only a month late. Good for you. Typoman, could you hook those up to the lever over there?

Typoman: Hmmm, I’m more used to building drowning traps.

MJO: Well, you can either go look for water or you can build crushing traps. Or you can starve, since we’re not going to feed loafers.

Typoman: But what about her?

MJO: She... carries stuff.

Typoman: Fine.

As Typoman is working, Sysice takes a stroll through the labyrinth, for some reason.

Sysice: Ahh! More thieves!

Akigagak: I’m on my way!

Sysice: No, I got this one.

Sysice proceeds to punch the kobold off of the labyrinth. The kobold suffers a broken arm, but Sysice then ignores it, returning to the dining room. The military is sent out after it but it is able to escape. In the meantime, Sabrina and I have finally gotten married.

MJO: Wow, I can see why everyone is constantly partying.

Lucent: A shame you’ll never be able to see why we never invite you.

Thara: How long have we been partying for anyway?

Lucent: A couple of months now?

MJO: A couple of months? Wait, it’s autumn!

Twiggy: And still no steel.

MJO: Well, here comes the caravan.

We send off the gauntlets we had made earlier for a little more stone, some wood and various charcoal products.

MJO: Well, maybe the immigration wave will give us some interesting dwarves.

Twiggy: I doubt it. I’m finally able to figure out what all out stuff is worth. We’ve created less than $25,000 of wealth.

Christes: We’ve received word that no one else wants to come here this year.

MJO: Hmm, well that kind of sucks, doesn’t it?

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2009, 06:34:13 pm »

No one wants to come?  I wonder why not  ::)

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2009, 06:34:48 pm »

The latest map:

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-7058-clashespaints

I'm starting to get kind of frustrated with the lack of any action. But finally seeing the created wealth, I'm not overly surprised. I'm certain we won't get any this winter either. But at least I won't have to seal up and have everyone sit on their hands for a season. Going forward, I'm going to see about making everything I can out of glass instead of wood, in an effort to increase wealth.

I can put Sabrina and Monk on glasswork, create some extra furnaces to have migrants do non-stop sand hauling, Twiggy and Sysice )and probably a third dwarf I haven't decided on yet) can do wood burning and pearlash making (which counts as furnace operating) and I'll pick a few more dwarves to do ashery work.

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2009, 09:25:35 pm »

Not having any orcs around is usually the opposite problem I tend to have.
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2009, 09:57:25 am »

I'll take Inod Ushatkubuk.
Current Career Goals:  Mid-level Bureaucrat  (I'll take the bookkeeper position if Christes doesn't object.)
Hobbies:  Building wooden walls, reducing clutter (hauling), wrestling (until talented), pumping wood (wooden screw pump in bedroom), and getting rid of vermin (trapping and anything associated with it)

Inod wants a steel pick to look at (sit in the bedroom unused), dreaming of being a real dwarf, mining instead of being stuck in the office.  Inod is afraid of water, but will sacrafice for the good of the fortress and pump water while the aquifer is breached.

Dark secret:  Inod loves catapults.  Once lots of stone is available, Inod will dig out an underground shooting range in a secret room hidden behind the back bedroom wall and fire at will at a wall.

Also, when we do breach the aquifer and can have underground bedrooms, my dwarf is paranoid about having beserk dwarves, thieves, insurance salesmen, etc. mess with his/her stuff, so I'd like the door to the bedroom set back one from the hall, and the tile in front of the door to have a weapon trap with 10 enormous corkscrews in it.  They can be made of wood.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 10:02:45 am by Zifnab »

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2009, 02:56:38 pm »

this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2009, 02:36:02 pm »

Alright, after neglecting my thread for a few days:

Not having any orcs around is usually the opposite problem I tend to have.

Yeah, tell me about it. It's so difficult to find a balance between getting enough created wealth and making sure my defences are up to par. I probably should have taken appraisal on embark so I could have dealt with this earlier.

I'll take Inod Ushatkubuk...

Done. Interesting plans for him. You're already a legendary clerk, and I'm kind of saving that for a bunch of other people to be rotated in to. You can be manager though. And you can't operate a catapult without a catapult to operate, so I'm going to have you do siege engineering as well. There's also a trick I use to train siege engineering without wasting stone by just firing it against a wall, so I can get you started on that training much earlier.

some Points of Interest would be nice.

Yeah, but that requires points that are interesting. I'll add a few though.

fleacircus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2009, 01:25:11 pm »

Ooh, can I get a dwarf?

I'll take Udil Urrithfeb.
Name: 'Flo' ('Flea' if male -- all unclaimed are F, right?)
Sheriff, yes!

Disable woodcutting. Disable hauling. (Now that Flo is sheriff, she's exempt from hauling duties.)
So, only HEALING and CLEANING enabled. A clean, healthy fortress is a happy fortress!

Metal request: Steel toy.

Long term goals: She wants to have all the toys in the fortress in a stockpile in her room.

I request that when Flo punishes someone, she gets them to do something for her. Not like steal something of theirs, but if she punishes a glassmaker, she gets the glassmaker to make her a furniture set, if she punishes a miner she gets to say something gets dug, etc.

How's that sound? :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]