Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Has DF made you do stupid things IRL?  (Read 3063 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Has DF made you do stupid things IRL?
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2009, 10:57:11 pm »

Well, most recently I was legitimately trying to recall the names of the seven dwarves from snow white, and one of the dwarves I came up with was urist.
Not really that much other than that as far as I can remember, other than an enhanced appreciation for architecture and stone, especially Magma.

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2009, 12:53:06 am »

I use Urist in a joke in conversations and then don't realize why everyone is looking at me funny. I also use tags in my jokes as well, which is even worse.

"Yeah, I dunno if he has the [CAN_LEARN] tag."
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2009, 05:35:19 pm »

I think the worst I've done was when I was explaining the game to a non-player and mentioned the practice of butchering kittens. Of course to me, knowing the context of the kitten-slaughter makes me feel justified in doing it. But I forgot how nasty that would sound to a non-player, which earned me some odd looks as I offhandedly mentioned the butchery of my cats.

Haha. A kid in my class has a shirt that says: "I like cats, I just can't eat a whole one myself."

Needless to say, he's a pretty weird dude. Very sarcastic. Hilarious, though.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

AlienChickenPie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2009, 04:19:13 am »

They're constructing a new building across from the one where I study. It's in the foundation digging phase.
Whenever I look at the heavy machinery cutting up the rock or loading it into trucks, I can't help thinking that a bunch of dwarves with no prior experience and only copper equipment could do the whole thing inside a week.
Pages: 1 2 [3]