Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BUG: Counter-offers include goods in bins a second time  (Read 486 times)

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
BUG: Counter-offers include goods in bins a second time
« on: November 04, 2007, 07:35:00 pm »

I just proposed to sell a bin full of crafts to the dwarven caravan. It wasn't quite enough, so they suggested several items to be added to the deal. All of the items added in the counter-offer were items that were already in the bin I was trying to trade to them, so their value was counted twice. Unmarking the bin for trade also unmarked the individual items they had included in the counter-offer but only subtracted their values one time; after a few rounds of offer/counter-offer in this fashion, the trader profit ended up getting skewed way high since it was adding each of the items' value twice in the offer/counter-offer but only subtracting the value once when I would deselect them.

termitehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BUG: Counter-offers include goods in bins a second time
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 12:12:00 am »

I've noticed this as well...  I usually select everything in a bin except the bin itself cause I want to keep it.  Counter-offers usually are everything I've offered with the addition of the bins.  It looks like traders are a little more stingy when it comes to turning a profit, so just get them to around 150 profit and they shouldn't do any counter-offers

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 11:52:00 am »

I just had a counteroffer from the dwarves. I figured "meh, a ill just throw in more stuff" and added all the stuff from another bin as well. (Increasing their profit alot more). Then they counteroffered THAT too!

Also, I think they counted my obsidian short swords as wooden... Once I removed the trade-tag from those specific items, they stopped complaining about "mjew-mjew .. once a beautiful tree.. mjew mjew"..  :) I say, burn them all, just because we can! (the trees that is... Oh, and maybe a few elves, haha)

Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

palin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 12:23:00 pm »

I've noticed the bug as well, I had two trade bins full of goods at the depot, I selected that I was willing to trade both (using the bin selection.) They said it was almost satisfactory, but they would also want four more items (which were inside of the bins that I was already trading.) Confused, I went ahead and hit "ok" and they were happy with (essentially) the same thing I had offered them in the first place.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 12:26:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by uberubert:
<STRONG>
Also, I think they counted my obsidian short swords as wooden... Once I removed the trade-tag from those specific items, they stopped complaining about "mjew-mjew .. once a beautiful tree.. mjew mjew"..   :) I say, burn them all, just because we can! (the trees that is... Oh, and maybe a few elves, haha)</STRONG>

Dwarves use wood to make obsidian short swords (the hilt probably), so that's not a bug.

unclejam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 01:12:00 pm »

Obsidian swords are more like a log of wood with pieces of obsidian sticking out of it.

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 01:50:00 pm »

Ah, thanks for clearing that up  :) I thought they were pure obsidian.
Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 02:32:00 pm »

Macuahuitl, the obsidian "sword" used in mesoamerica