Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ghost problems.  (Read 1518 times)

Sandrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ghost problems.
« on: June 27, 2011, 05:18:21 am »

Not too long ago a Ghostly Hammerdwarf has risen in my fort. It doesn't really do anything other than flying around, but it still bothers me as I can't put it to rest. Its name doesn't show up in the list when I try to engrave a slab (only dead Dark Stranglers), nor are his remains even on my map. In fact, I haven't lost a single dwarf so far on this embark.

Are random ghosts a feature of terrifying embarks or is this just some buggy way of the game allowing a dark strangler to come back to haunt me? Because if that is the case I will have to engrave a shitton of slabs until I manage to put it to rest.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost problems.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 05:22:00 am »

Did you have a caravan come on map? It's possible that a guard got killed, dwarven guards will make ghosts.

Sandrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 05:35:51 am »

No caravan guards died, I'm fairly sure of that. Besides, dead dwarfs should leave remains.

edit; Oh. After checking my list of corpses, apparantly a caravan guard fell into a pond and drowned. I'm going to retrieve the body and see if it can be buried. If not, how will I get rid of this ghost?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 05:38:15 am by Sandrew »

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 05:45:50 am »

Burial slab instead?
Magma is overrated.

Sandrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 06:38:34 am »

Burial slab instead?

Couldn't engrave his name. I have since drained the pond and put his body in a poorly constructed wooden casket.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 09:13:44 pm »

So, yes, caravan guards got killed. Let's just leave it at that.