Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What do you do with the stuff you get from hacking?  (Read 1403 times)

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
What do you do with the stuff you get from hacking?
« on: June 19, 2012, 01:08:41 pm »

Basically what it says in the title. I've gotten a crapton of stuff from one of my Liberals constantly hacking corporations, governments, etc. What do I do with them?
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do with the stuff you get from hacking?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 02:31:14 pm »

If you mean like Judge Corruption Evidence or Research Papers, you need to set up a Printing Press in one of your hideouts to publish the Liberal Guardian, which allows you to circulate one of these stories at the beginning of each month.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 10:47:54 pm »

Ahhh, got it. And how do I set up a printing press?
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 09:55:29 am »

You hit the button to cycle between your hideouts (Z, I think?) and then when you find one you want, you should see "I - Invest in Location" or something, so you hit I and it gives you a bunch of options. You can set up business fronts and stuff to increase the secrecy levels, as well as install cameras which allows you to see where enemies are during a siege, and you can set up a printing press which allows you to set up the Liberal Guardian. The Guardian has more effect than regular writing to newspaper (there's an option for it near regular writing), and raises Writing skill faster. It also lets you run the special edition at the start of the month. Just be careful about writing for it when there's Conservative free speech laws, as the location with the printing press may get raided.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 09:42:58 pm »

You can also sell the stuff at the pawn shop for a decent amount.  Useful if you have tons of Conservative Secrets and you're afraid the Printing Press will get raided before you print them all, or you just need starting capital for the printing press.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 01:54:11 pm »

You can also sell the stuff at the pawn shop for a decent amount.  Useful if you have tons of Conservative Secrets and you're afraid the Printing Press will get raided before you print them all, or you just need starting capital for the printing press.

What he said. With a high hacking skill and high Intelligence, you can get maybe 20 of those per month. These sell for 500-1000$ apiece, so it is more of a moneymaking venture than stealing credit cards. Unfortunately, it is also one of the most illegal things that you can do, but on the bright side, you can't be arrested while doing it.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?