Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wondering about a mod.  (Read 700 times)

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
  • Either a Doomsday Device or an Ice Cream maker.
    • View Profile
Wondering about a mod.
« on: January 10, 2012, 12:17:00 pm »

Is there a mod that sets up wars between Dwarf civilizations? Or maybe a sort of savage dwarf civilization/species?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Wondering about a mod.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 12:18:46 pm »

You have darkdwarves or deep dwarves in some, for example genesis. But no mod really made a dwarf civ that is supposed to be invading you.

If you do that to normal dwarves, the loyality cascade will kill you. War against your home civ is not possible right now.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 12:46:49 pm »

I think the issue with this is that all dwarf civs are based on the same entity definition, which means they all have exactly the same ethics, which means they're not going to fight each other.  Additionally, dwarves from other civs will, at present, never visit your fortress.  In fact, only one civ from each entity will ever visit your fortress (in my experience, anyway).  If you simply duplicated the dwarves' entity under a different name, I think it would be possible for your dwarves to go to war with other dwarves.  I believe it would also mean that multiple dwarf caravans could arrive together, which may or may not be desirable.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 12:58:24 pm »

Yes, you can easily mod in evil dwarfs to fight against. Just copy the entity_dwarfs, and make a new one with Babysnatcher. To be sure, make a new creature, Evil_dwarf and add [UTTERANCES] to it. That usually makes them hostile, since they can form no peace treaties.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 12:38:38 am »

Make sure to rename the entity as well, lest you get duped raws.