Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Mouse Fortress v1.4d for DF 34.11 - Roller Coastery Wooh!  (Read 90518 times)

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mouse Fortress v1.4d for DF 34.11 - Roller Coastery Wooh!
« on: February 25, 2012, 02:02:59 am »

Mouse Fortress provides a framework for defining and executing custom hotkeys (button presses and combinations) and menus (in the style of a context menu). These menus and hotkeys can do anything from executing keypresses to dragging around the camera, to sending commands to DFHack. You can define multiple sets of menus and keys, and swap freely between them, making it easy to have different loadouts for different playstyles, as well as for fortress or adventure mode.

If you've found a bug, or would like to give some feedback or suggestions, you can drop it in the forum thread, the project's issues page, or in github's comment system, or you can contact me (shukaro@gmail.com).

ReadMe:
https://github.com/Shukaro/MouseFortress/blob/master/readme.rst

Download - Latest
Download - v1.4d | DF 34.11

Changelog:
https://github.com/Shukaro/MouseFortress/commits/master

Demonstration of Camera/Cursor modes

« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:51:05 pm by Shukaro »
Urist McHauler Cancels Give Food: Patient Insane
------------------------------------------------------------------
Mouse Fortress | Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework
Dwarven Higher Learning Mod | Alternative Skill Training

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Mouse Fortress - Early Version - Completely Recoded
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 09:46:23 am »

I was so waiting for this. Thanks I will test it and give feedback :)

EDIT I did run it, got no menu... I checked the readme, but it is more technical, for coders, then a How-to-use for users.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:11:12 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:07:04 am »

Wow, nice to see you back. Absolutely didn't expected that. Testing...

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 10:22:13 am »

Hehe, I forgot to mention that you need autohotkey installed for the script to run. So once that's installed, the folder is unzipped, and the dwarf fortress.exe swapped in you should be good to go.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 10:26:26 am »

Ah, got you.

I already have this running in the background, also an autohotkey programm. Hope they dont collide, will test :)

Maybe you should create a compiled exe with the Authotkey program. It is inlcuded anyway. People couldnt fine-tune the config.ini then, but for most users running an .Exe is a lot easier and more appealing than downloading a program, downloading your program, unpacking the second, installing the first, adding the scripts, and then see how it fares.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:33:13 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 10:40:02 am »

I'd love to provide a compiled version, and I probably will try in the future. However, due to the way compiling works and the way the script functions, I'm not entirely certain it would maintain its functionality.  :-\

Anyway, for now it shouldn't be too much of an issue for people to need AHK, especially since it's awesome anyway.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 10:48:35 am »

Well, I for once cant get it to run ;) But yeah, I noticed that you use several .ahk files. Dont know about compiling all into one exe.

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 10:50:10 am »

Really? What exactly are you doing, and what is the script doing?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 10:51:58 am »

I unpacked your download, run autohotkey in the background, replaced the df.exe and have no clue what to do with the other files you included, the .txt, .ahk and so forth.

Lets assume I never used autohotkey, what should I do with these files ?

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 11:19:48 am »

Ok, basically what you want to do is first make sure AHK is installed, there's no need to run it beforehand, just having it installed is enough. After that, make sure you've replaced the default Dwarf Fortress.exe with the one in the download, or alternatively make the hex edit as directed in the readme, whichever you prefer. After that, just unzip the download anywhere and run launch.ahk to start the script. Then, you'll see mouse.ahk hanging out in your tray, and all the functions will be enabled. If you make any edits to menus.txt, keys.txt, or config.ini, make sure to rerun launch.ahk.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 11:42:47 am »

Ah, so the readme should be like this:

Install Autohotkey. No need to run it.
Run launch.ahk
Ingame, press right mouse button to open the menu.

I got it to work, with one tiny major drawback: It minimizes DF to the tray, then opens the menu for the mouseclick. I can select everything alright, go back to DF and it works. Guess you dont have that problem while testing ?

Still, very impressive and hopefully very handy once people get used to the idea of havin a mouse.

EDIT: It is because the new cursor.ahk is started up automatically.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:45:36 am by Meph »

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 11:55:42 am »

Hmm, that's interesting. Could you give some more information? OS, DF location, script location, have you changed any files, any other script or key-sending program running simultaneously, what precisely happens in what order, that sort of stuff. From the look of it, that issue was one that I fixed a while back, could you open up your mouse.ahk and show me the last few lines?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 12:07:30 pm »

Last lines of Mouse.ahk :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I run Windows XP, Dwarf Fortress is in a default folder, both autohotkey and your ahk-files are at completely different folders.

I rightclick in Fortress Mode, Df goes to Tray, and the Menu opens. I can select what I want, have to click on the minimized DF to maximize it again, and I am good, correct item is selected.

I also get the same thing with DFhack. I start Dwarf Fortress, dfhack starts automatically, Dwarf Fortress minimizes, because the dfhack process is started after the df process. Dont know if it is a windows XP setting I could change, or if it is something you can fix.

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 12:12:32 pm »

Alright, that's quite bizarre and definitely seems like something on your end if it happens with dfhack as well. I'll see if I can figure out why it's happening.  :(

Edit: From what I can tell, it may be caused by a variety of other programs. You might try cleaning up your startup folder and restarting, and just doing a general cleaning of your system. Does it only happen with dwarf fortress, or does it affect other programs as well?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:21:32 pm by Shukaro »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 12:19:04 pm »

It is the same phenomenon you have when playing a game, and someone writes you in ICQ. ICQ is the active process, and the game goes to tray, to open ICQ instead. Or the game still runs, but you have the ICQ window overlaying it. It is a windows thing.

If you dont have it, them I am curious how you do that ^^
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14