Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Emergent Fiefdoms (Now with epic Slam-poetry battles! Apply within.)  (Read 14860 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emergent Fiefdoms
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 06:23:33 pm »

...Dammit, it's either peer review or paying money.

I beseech the divine emperor to make some more land for the rest of us. As well as to prove his divinity.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 06:27:04 pm »

Lord Twi the Wise, I apply for the position of Vice-Chancellor at your great university, as obviously the position of Chancellor is appropriate for only you.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 06:27:26 pm »

Please King Nirur, accept me as a duke, I shall strive to do good for the kingdom.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 06:28:38 pm »

Rise, then, Duke Chaos Armor, Duke Dragor, and Duke Ochita. I shall partition my lands into duchies for you to choose from once the surveyors have finished their reports. You may, of course, have vassals of your own.

Please remember that only Divine Emperor Tylui has any trace of godhood. I am a mere mortal.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 06:30:08 pm »

Peer review and a salary, mind you! Plus bonuses for good work.

Anyways, here is the list of open departments:
Arts, Literature, Mathematics, Engineering, Biology (basically farming/herding/pasturing at least), Geology, Physics, Military Research (Includes combat classes), Culture Research, History, and Piratical Practical Arts (things like metalworking, carpentry, etc.)

Also, Human Resources is sort of a department, but you just have to manage things. On the other hand, you don't have as much land as other departments. It can be considered the 'King's Council' for most purposes.

EDIT:

All departments get 20k hectares of land, except Human Resources, which gets 10k. Royal land consists of the 20.0000...k of land around the royal university, and at least half of all unclaimed land in the fiefdom (?). If a department is without a head, its land is divided up among Superintendent Twi and the current department heads.

Kashyyk's request for 'Vice-Chancellor' has been denied, as no such position exists. He is free to apply for any other position, though.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 07:22:18 pm by Twi »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 06:34:59 pm »

Oh ever great and wise King Nirur, I do so ask that you grant me a fiefdom of 1 hectare.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 06:36:44 pm »

New discoveries have been made! (Check the title post)

Also, please follow Nirur Torir's example, and display all your immediate belongings in your major post(s) of the day(s).

As proof of my Divine Power, I have conjured 18 Keystones for both of my Lords. Err Each of my Lords. You each get 18. Let it be known that the Divine Emperor sucks at English. >_>

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 06:37:47 pm »

I am Archduke Dragor, part of the kingdom of King Nirur.

My land will be inherited by my eldest son. When he can't inherit, it will be passed to his son.
Only males are allowed to inherit in my land.
When my lineage die out, the land will be returned to the king.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:41:59 pm by Dragor23 »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 06:41:43 pm »

Your request intrigues me. Very well, Governor Micelus, you shall be granted your hectare.

Divine One, I wish to trade all of my keystones for three peasants, small farmlands, and a keystone mine.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 06:46:23 pm »

I am Duke Chaos Armor, part of the kingdom of King Nirur and under the divine grace of Emperor Tylui.

My land will be inherited by my eldest son. When he can't inherit the hectare then it shall be passed down to his son. If he have not a son then it goes to the next eldest son of mine. If I have not another son then it be returned to the king.
Only males are allowed to inherit.
When my lineage ceases to exist then the hectare shall be returned to it's rightful owner, the king.

((Sorry for going off of yours Dragor but it was much the same thing I was going to put.))
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 06:49:46 pm »

I am Duke Chaos Armor, part of the kingdom of King Nirur and under the divine grace of Emperor Tylui.

My land will be inherited by my eldest son. When he can't inherit the hectare then it shall be passed down to his son. If he have not a son then it goes to the next eldest son of mine. If I have not another son then it be returned to the king.
Only males are allowed to inherit.
When my lineage ceases to exist then the hectare shall be returned to it's rightful owner, the king.

((Sorry for going off of yours Dragor but it was much the same thing I was going to put.))

Shheesh, no problem.
It's the pretty common successor law back in medieval times.  :P

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 06:50:41 pm »

Divine One, I wish to trade all of my keystones for three peasants, small farmlands, and a keystone mine.

Status of Torir Kingdom:
Resources:
18 Keystones.

No need to wait for my approval... If it's impossible, I'll let you know, otherwise, just assume the trade went smoothly! (In other words you have what you asked for, an no more keystones.) :P

Empire's Announcment!

A Triumverate is required. The third position of King will be available to the winner of Slampoetry battle. 3 contestants only need apply. You cannot currently own land in order to apply(You can always abandon the land before applying, though).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:55:13 pm by Tylui »

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 06:52:51 pm »

My lord Nirur, is there such a thing in your kingdom as an Archduke?
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 06:53:22 pm »

Well.
I shall be be trading my Keystones for the same humble price as the great Nirur Torir. Except I shall keep one Keystone and thereby hire one less peasant.

Cuz, y'know. Saving is good.

Also, it may become someone's pay! Most likely that of the first person to apply!  While salaries start low (and are subject to change or removal on short notice), you may request additional funds for university-related purposes at any time. Profits made as a result of these efforts will be split between the Superintendent and the members of the department who made the advance, divided as determined by the superintendent. (With help from Human Resources, of course. :3)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 07:05:35 pm by Twi »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2012, 07:05:15 pm »

Lord Twi the Wise, I hope that I could become the head of the military sciences department.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9