Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 777106 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure item quest (adventure succession game)
« Reply #300 on: August 20, 2012, 02:47:23 pm »

Heh, this story consists of 65k of symbols. I think that's a damn lot, I never wrote so much. I'm glad I ended this story.

That's definitely the longest story we have so far, and the longest distance covered as well, quite an achievement.
Thanks for dragging my corpse all the way back to civilization. I'll update the turn list.

Also I had not posted this yet, but before dying, my last adventurer learned a new thing about Tongsrace; besides the demons we already knew about, a lot more is wrong with this place:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, is there any news about your turn yet, broken?

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 25, 2012, 03:26:34 pm »

Allright it's been ten days since Broken last posted, We'll move on to the next player.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 02, 2012, 01:47:04 pm »

And the next player.. I've PM'ed Eric Blank

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 02, 2012, 03:03:28 pm »

if i build a fortress in a save, and manage to upload it, can it be used?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 02, 2012, 07:22:59 pm »

Ok, despite what I told Bralbaard, I found time to play today. So here's the frist four days of adventure.

Three notable kills, including those two trogs, and seven random animals so far. No pictures, though. Sorry.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 03, 2012, 01:50:33 pm »

Ah, it's good to finally have some updates. The second fortress you visited was Sunkengem? Its not much of a fortress, I build it to quickly produce the tables for the museum. It does however provide access to the caverns, but as you have noticed, that has caused some troglodyte problems in the immediate surroundings.

if i build a fortress in a save, and manage to upload it, can it be used?

I'm not sure if this is what you intend; but you can only play if its your turn, which means you'll have to sign up. The good news is that the turn list appears to be moving quite fast.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 03, 2012, 11:00:16 pm »

Sadly, Peklod never earned herself a decent house. Immortality was her next great goal, but glory is for the dead, and you can't have both at the same time, you know?

The rest of the page, along with every page in the journal prior to the beginning of the young woman's journey, is stained with blood. If you weren't a kobold by the name of Shluthlarsnin Viseyearlings, you might actually care enough about the plight of Peklod Hollowwhirled, that "Amber Drip of Spinning" as you called her after she stabbed your boyfriend in the face with a spear, to learn to read those neat little scribbles in this neat little leathery-waxy-thingy that unfolds like a hundred sheets of the finest cloth. As it stands, insulting her memory sounds like a good idea, but you'll keep this as a trophy, maybe even trade it off to some bandits to let you live if you get in trouble later. There's another section between two of the pages, written in some powder on black cloth:

To finish my adventure, I actually DID leave the corpses of those troglodytes at the museum, on a table, along with a statue outside the door. I hope that's a suitable offering, because you're not getting those statues unless you want to search all through the hills to the east-south-east of Legendfountains.  I think I died somehwere near the second brook away from it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 04, 2012, 12:08:54 am »

Ah, some more proof that human<kobold then... 
Are you going to build a fortress?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 04, 2012, 12:28:22 am »

I am, yes. Already embarked.

Question: How should I deal with those migrants that show up as an @ and don't count towards the fortress population, on account of previously being merchants? I got my first wave of migrants; one legendary miner (!!whoo!!) and two of these losers that are still idling out there where they spawned.

I think there was a DFhack plugin that handled it, but I'm not sure.

Well, it doesn't look like the fortress will last much longer. Necromancers are a real pain in the arse. 2 dwarves and a comatose vampire are all that's left fo my fortress, and it doesn't look like migrants will have any chance whatsoever of surviving. I'll fight it out to the bitter end, though, because there are only 100 zombies around, and I'm positive I can drive that number higher. Which will make it more fun for adventurers!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 05:36:38 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #309 on: September 04, 2012, 07:21:32 pm »

I am, yes. Already embarked.

Question: How should I deal with those migrants that show up as an @ and don't count towards the fortress population, on account of previously being merchants? I got my first wave of migrants; one legendary miner (!!whoo!!) and two of these losers that are still idling out there where they spawned.

I think there was a DFhack plugin that handled it, but I'm not sure.

Well, it doesn't look like the fortress will last much longer. Necromancers are a real pain in the arse. 2 dwarves and a comatose vampire are all that's left fo my fortress, and it doesn't look like migrants will have any chance whatsoever of surviving. I'll fight it out to the bitter end, though, because there are only 100 zombies around, and I'm positive I can drive that number higher. Which will make it more fun for adventurers!

"fixmigrant" is the command you want, its a longstanding bug in the 34.xx series.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 08, 2012, 10:21:14 pm »

Still going. Barely. I'll probably upload tomorrow night, right as the one-week limit ends.

Alright, I got waylaid by the dreaded algrebra, but I finally have the fortress in an abandonable state and uploaded. I left out the hordes of undead purely because I hated them. The fortress still didn't get far, but it's more than just a little hole in the ground. There were a couple artifacts, a couple books necromancers left behind, and some historically significant silver goods. I used DFlair to keep it all intact. I hope.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6906

It's about a 2-day journey there and back from the nearest human village.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 04:14:35 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 14, 2012, 02:45:42 am »

I've updated the map, its getting quite crowded with adventuring locations:

I've also send Edosurist a PM

Edit: No response, Lighningfalcon is next.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 01:07:11 pm by Bralbaard »

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 21, 2012, 02:38:48 pm »

Will try to get staryed this weekend.  Currently at pastry shop witb phone.  Doing security for NJROTC at the homecing game, which will be lost, and then have Cyberpatriot practice tommorow.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 25, 2012, 12:09:03 am »

Any news yet?

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 25, 2012, 04:14:28 pm »

Alright, thought I was going to be taking out a bandit camp while decked out in armor and with two axedorfs as backups, but actually had my first expierence with a necomancer tower.  I think.  So... working on a fort now. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 162