Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 777031 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #1095 on: September 23, 2013, 08:01:03 pm »

It's not a big deal, Bralbaard.  You've been running this thread for over a year and a half now (holy cow).

Oh! and whoever ends up being the next adventurer, be sure to stop by Combinelocks.  It's a great first-stop for a fledging new adventurer.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: September 27, 2013, 03:41:01 pm »

Allright, Genericboy did not show up. He was last heard of a few days after he signed up for his turn, somewhere in may, so he likely moved away from DF.  It's Eric Blank's turn.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 27, 2013, 04:44:01 pm »

Well, I guess I'll get started soon, then.

[Edit]

Adventure concluded.

I set out on a quest to assassinate Bora with a human hero, and immediately began pathing northwards along the eastern flank of that mountain range north of Dur Kunod (West) and Behal Imec. When I got to the desert in the bowl north of it and my companions got killed, I suddenly realized I was going the wrong damn direction, and I should have gone north-west along the south-western flank of the mountain range form my starting point in Dur Kunod. I arrived in Crowncruelty nonetheless, and with a lot more training, and initiated the climactic battle where the hero should save the world by hacking the villain to bits.
Instead I promptly had my shield hand chopped off and after beating on me a bit my own zombified hand stole Bora's kill.

Thus ends the tale of... Whatever the hell her name was. Imi something-or-other.

I'll be starting a fortress now, I suppose.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 11:04:21 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: September 28, 2013, 01:35:34 am »

ah, more zombies! Just what Dinnerwandered needs!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: September 28, 2013, 02:00:43 am »

Well, the good news is I retired Bora way over on the other end of the continent last time; he's hanging out in a goblin town named Crowncruelty. That's not to say that the game won't spontaneously decide that since my zombie arm made a kill, it's a historical figure and needs a lair or something, and the game will shove it in Dinnerwandered's catacombs rather than one of the hundreds of other potential sites.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: September 28, 2013, 02:36:40 am »

Ah yes, that's true, in my mind you were still occupying that house over in Dinnerwandered, together with MrWillsauce.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: September 29, 2013, 06:37:46 pm »

Only three more months to go till my turn...
A mere 16 weeks for me... That should be about the start of October... Still worth it though to be part of something this epic :)
Looks like my turn next, and again I was eerily accurate with my prediction!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 05, 2013, 07:38:04 pm »

Alright, here's the file. My fortress is way over on the west side of the continent.
I make Spellcrafts!

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 05, 2013, 11:51:51 pm »

I'd like to join this succession world. By the by, is Legends Mode set to automatically reveal all history, or do we have to find that out by ourselves?
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: October 06, 2013, 01:50:35 am »

All historical events were hidden at the start of the game, we've uncovered quite a lot since then. 
I'll add you to the turn list.

Here's the map with Crimsondepths, the new fortress.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 01:54:21 am by Bralbaard »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: October 06, 2013, 10:31:01 am »

Can I sign up for another turn?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: October 06, 2013, 07:15:00 pm »

Downloading the game now and will get started tomorrow!

Edit: It's taken me nearly a month of game time to reach Crimsondepths... slaughtered the goblin siege and trying to find a way inside. Apparently there is a minotaur here...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 03:20:00 pm by kesperan »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: October 08, 2013, 12:36:09 am »

OK, probably more than halfway through my turn.

Exploring The First Anvil and having some problems. Have PMd Tehsapper to see if its an issue with the fortress design, or the design of my brain :S

Loving this game so far! Crimsondepths was fun, the bismuth bronze tarantula FB not so much...

I am scribbling notes as I go, so will finish my turn, upload, then format a story.

Not sure if I will make a fort... having seen what some of you can do, my fort would be shameful.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: October 08, 2013, 02:16:28 am »

Any fort whatsoever is worth it. And I totally want to hear how you handled the innumerable hostile creatures I had roaming around :P

Most of them were in cages when I abandoned.
I make Spellcrafts!

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: October 08, 2013, 09:53:32 am »

Well, I figured what I was doing wrong in the First Anvil - z-level swimming has a special key, who knew?

And Eric - the Minotaur roaming your place was the closest I have come to dying so far...
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 162