Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 781497 times)

Kalsb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #1245 on: November 27, 2013, 05:46:02 pm »

Got it!

Nerdfighter_619

• Bay Watcher
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 27, 2013, 11:56:56 pm »

Please remove me from the turn list. DF no longer works on my computer. :'(
Word Domination: Because everyone needs a hobby.

GENERATION 33:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kalsb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 29, 2013, 03:09:47 pm »

I think I'll start writing my story now:

This is the story of a young Dwarf named Kalsb, Kalsb Logemnal. He grew up in a dwarven hamlet where they mostly tended the plump helmet fields and occasionally hunt the local wild life. Kalsb did not want to stay there and be a boring farmer. He fantasized of the sword and all the adventures he could have and, most importantly, of the far away museum in Omon Woge. He heard many stories and decided he would top all of them in his short and reckless life. After gathering his prized bismuth bronze short sword, old copper shield, and a weeks supply of food, he decided to set out. Unfortunately, he was lost and had no idea what to do. So, he asked a neighbor if there was anything nearby that would earn him some glory. He was directed at a couple of werebeasts that were weak to copper. Seeing as he just started his career he decided he'd go and do something a bit less risky.

Travelling south, Kalsb came across a small village. He decided to visit the nearest house to introduce himself to the locals. Inside the house he saw a dwarf and two goblins. Kalsb had never seen goblins before and was not quite sure what to expect. He decided to put his best foot forward and kindly introduce himself. Unfortunately, the goblins were not as kind and accepting as he had hoped. So instead, he turned to the dwarf. The dwarf seemed a bit worried and kept glancing over Kalsb's shoulder. She revealed to him that she was actually a prisoner! Snatched when she was a mere child and has been stuck there for almost 100 years. Kalsb looked behind him to see the 2 goblins advancing towards him. Assuming the worst, Kalsb freed the 102 year old child and prepared  a fighting pose. The 2 goblins were untrained in any weapons, unlike Kalsb, and were felled with ease.
Before Oddom, the ex-prisoner, could properly thank Kalsb they were interrupted by a ruckus in the next house. Upon furter inspection, a travelling Dwarven merchant was fighting for his life as another 2 goblins tried to kill him. Kalsb quickly slew the goblins before too much harm could come to the merchant. The merchant thanked Kalsb and gathered his goods so that he may return home in one piece. It occurred to Kalsb that there may be more Dwarves in this village in need of his help. The occupants of the next house he entered were apparently waiting for him because after he open the door he barely had enough time to dodge a bolt.
Kalsb went house to house checking for dwarves in peril. Despite the goblins' eagerness to kill him on sight, it was not Kalsb's goal to return the favor. That is, until Oddom was caught in a mob that was meant for him. After hearing her cries for help he immediately back tracked in an attempt to save her, but by the time he reached her it was too late. In a blind fury, he charged into the mob flailing his sword everywhere. Before the goblins could overwhelm him, a sudden calmness came over Kalsb. He had entered martial trance! He deftly swung his sword left and right, cleaving through each goblin's skull with ease. A few realized that Kalsb was a bigger threat than anticipated and decided to run. After, it was done Kalsb was still upset and continued to go house to house with the intent of slaughtering everyone there. When it was all done, it was just a ghost town...

Kalsb had decided that he should go back north so that he may have a place to stay when night falls. He had to cut through an evil biome and decided to kill a couple animals on the way there. Night had just arrived as Kalsb had arrived to the next village. Once again, it was full of goblins, no dwarves though. Luckily goblins have to sleep too and when only one goblin tried to attack Kalsb it was dispatched with ease. But Kalsb does not forgive easily. Once again he went to each house and slew all of them in their sleep. An unpleasant surprise for anyone guarding the door as Kalsb is fast and strong.
When he finished at the last house, a wicked idea came to him... Maybe, it was the lack of sleep, or the unbridled rage, but Kalsb reached over his latest victim, picked up his head and put it into his bag. He then proceeded to a few other victims and took their heads too. With his, new sack of heads, he continued merrily on his way to the nearest dwarven town for a good night's rest.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 09:35:34 pm by Kalsb »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 30, 2013, 04:24:29 am »

A promising start..

Please remove me from the turn list. DF no longer works on my computer. :'(

That's unfortunate.

kibaseviltwin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Half-Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: November 30, 2013, 04:16:50 pm »

how does one join the list for this game?
All glory to Meph, a Legendary +15 modder and expert Forum Poster

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: November 30, 2013, 09:50:37 pm »

Ask.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 30, 2013, 10:04:19 pm »

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: November 30, 2013, 11:28:05 pm »

Pleeeeease give Combine Locks a visit if you've just started your adventurer, guys! It's definitely worth your while!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: December 01, 2013, 02:56:15 am »

I've added you to the list.

Kalsb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: December 01, 2013, 12:41:44 pm »

Ask.
And though shall receive
It was bothering me...

Pleeeeease give Combine Locks a visit if you've just started your adventurer, guys! It's definitely worth your while!
I'll see if it's nearby but I won't promise anything.

Now, back to the story:

It seems I forgot to mention that as Kalsb was stabbing goblins in his sleep that he was caught in an evil cloud. At first nothing seemed to happen, but then he started exuding pus all over him. At least he'll never go thirsty now...

After stopping by another dwarven hamlet, Kalsb rested up and explored the town a bit. Though no one seemed to care that he was slaughtering goblins all day yesterday, he found an excited marksdwarf that was prepared to join him on his future exploits. Upon further inspection, Kalsb had found that a couple of warriors of the village had met their ends. He noticed a nice bismuth bronze breastplate and a marvelous steel helm. Kalsb figured no one would miss them and decided to use them himself. He also found a sack of plump helmets and picked up another bag to separate his severed heads from the rest of his stuff.

After noticing all his pus, Kalsb decided he would try to clean himself in a nearby river. On his way there he was a approached by a small pack of wolves. With quick thinking, Kalsb hurled both his sack of plump helmets and his sack of heads at the wolves. One was killed instantly by the fungi and the other was severely cripled. When he was done Kalsb noticed most of their heads were just lying around. Why should he discriminate what heads he decides to take with him?

Unfortunately, the river was quite shallow and not deep enough to properly wash away the pus. However, Kalsb was quickly cheered up when his companion shot a deer on the otherside. The deer fainted and Kalsb wasted no time in lopping off its head to add to his collection.

After realizing there was nothing to do at that hamlet, Kalsb and his new companion travelled east. On the way Kalsb visited a few lairs and slayed their inhabitants. He also came across some proper rivers to try to wash the pus off but it was futile as more took the place of that which was washed off. For a few days, Kalsb would just wander from hamlet to hamlet but not much happened, other than the marksdwarf trying to learn how to swim.

For most of Kalsb's journey, he found himself in evil biomes. Other than the creepy ground and that one cloud, it was kiind of boring. However, it occurred to Kalsb that there was a good biome to the southeast. Eager to experience something new, he dragged his companion in that direction. It was such a beautiful sight! instead of disgusting tendrils and eyeballs on the ground there were pretty blue bubbles that made Kalsb feel a little giddy. But nothing could quell his lust for disembodied heads and, when he set his eyes on a group of majestic unicorns, he knew what must be done. He threw the sack of heads and plump helmets, which weighed him down considerably, and gave chase. Until this moment, Kalsb had never known pain or fear. He had underestimated the dangers of the unicorn and its horn. As he closed in on it, he threw his dagger at it and then charged. The unicorn charged back. It stabbed his leg, his sword arm and various other body parts. Kalsb realized he bit off more than he could chew and decided to back off as the unicorn ran off with his dagger embedded in it's belly while he slipped into unconsciousness.
When he came to, he gathered his stuff, and fainted again. Hours went by as Kalsb slipped in and out of unconsciousness. When he realized that he wasn't gonna faint again, he was enraged that a dumb animal could do what an angry mob couldn't. He wanted a unicorn head and by Armok he was gonna get one. He crawled towards a couple of unicorns and he would have never made it to one of them if it weren't for the help of his companion. To the marksdwarf, it must have been a silly sight. To see an angry, crippled dwarf crawl madly to a majestic unicorn after he had just had his ass handed to him by anther one. When Kalsb reached the unicorn, it was already in pain to to the crossbow bolt in its leg. Kalsb pushed it over the edge and, after it fainted, he mashed its head in with his sword, then took the bolt out of its leg and dug out its heart and cut off its horn. (OOC: For some reason the game calls it a "unicorn horn horn". Why?) While, it's not the entire head, it will have to do because Kalsb needed to rest and let his wounds heal. Luckily for him, nothing was permanent. He'll just have a few scars.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: December 01, 2013, 04:54:21 pm »

If you slice off the horn from the unicorn when it is still alive - "the severed part flies off in an arc" - then you get "unicorn horn." One of these was submitted as part of Dishmab Northmanor's sack of spoils.

If you kill and then butcher the unicorn, you get as part of the butchering process horn from a unicorn horn = unicorn horn horn.

If you want an intact horn, beat the animal into submission and hack off the horn while it is unconscious. Also, unicorn meat is delicious!

Good luck with your continued frenzied head-chopping! Do you know roughly where you are on the map? Are there any forts nearby?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Kalsb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: December 01, 2013, 06:44:30 pm »

I chose the civilization "The Somber Rope" which is just above Australia.
There don't appear to be fortresses in the immediate vicinity, however, I might take a look at Northevil and Deathtraps on my way to the museum.

I just looked at Legends Viewer to see what was nearby. Now that I've looked at the first post I see that there are a lot more sites to visit on my way to the museum.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 06:49:44 pm by Kalsb »

Kalsb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: December 03, 2013, 04:25:27 pm »

Turns out my plans were dashed... Just as it was time to set them in action too...

After sleeping off his unicorn related injuries, Kalsb decided that good biomes were overrated and moved away from it. He travelled from werebeast lair to werebeast lair, none of which provided much of a challenge to him. Throughout his travels, Kalsb found various pieces of steel armour. Being a dwarf, Kalsb knew that these armor pieces were precious and would help protect him. Unfortunately, they also slowed him down considerably which is a key part to combat. He decided to lounge around between two towns for a few days, one of which had obviously seen some battle. Finally, on the 22nd of Slade, Kalsb set out to remove ALL the werebeasts that infested this part of the world. However, before he could realize his goal, he was stopped in the Hills of Haunting. This would end up being his not-so-final resting place. As the sun set, a group of goblin bandits approached him. Kalsb was not impressed for he had started his adventure slaughtering mass amounts of goblins, and that was before he was fully clad in steel. He immediately chucked his sack of heads and charged. Or... more so stumbled. Kalsb had never actually been in combat wearing heavy armor before. He always relied on his speed and agility to keep himself out of harms way. He had not realized his mistake until it was already too late. He was surrounded... No way out. His companion, who had run out of bolts long ago, was quickly slain. His only hope was some movement in the bag he threw. His last sight was of all his severed heads coming towards him...

The severed heads were actually quite bothersome to the goblins. While nothing was fatal, a few lost fingers and toes. Others suffered sever bleeding in their limbs or even cut nerves. Luckily for them, the two dwarves they had just slain did not reanimate as often and, when they did, were not capable of causing much harm before being put down. The goblins eventually left and now Kalsb is left alone with his gang of severed heads...

I was very upset when I died, I just kept mashing "." in hopes that something would avenge me. I was hoping that since there was an abundance of werebeasts in the area that I could finally have my first werebeast character. My original plan for a submission was my own severed werebeast part and the heads were just a backup/hobby. Unfortunately, I failed to level up my armor user skill before a real threat came along. Oh well, live and learn. I'm gonna see if I can get a fortress up before turning in the save.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: December 04, 2013, 01:37:57 am »

Aack! Murdered by the severed head of one of his victims.. at least its an interesting death for the statistics page.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: December 04, 2013, 03:06:48 am »

Mauled to death by a sack of undead severed heads... very dwarfy!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 162