Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia 3:The Immortal Emperor - Game Over. The Emperor Remains Immortal  (Read 47507 times)

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia 3:The Immortal Emperor - Day 1! For Earth!
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2012, 02:33:15 am »

@Tiruin: Huh ? Well if you want to hear me rambling about things that are based on pure speculation about what scum would do few days from now you just need to ask. I have no definite answer for Phantom's question right now because it depends mostly on what Book and scum teams are going to do.

Servant Corps You're completely sure about that wincon ? Would you mind telling us how exactly is your wincon worded ? Also : Aren't Rebels cult-like too ? And isn't claiming scum something that would basically make everything that was said earlier by him irrelevant ?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2012, 03:10:00 am »

Tiruin:
On that note, Mod: This is essentially a kingmaker with flavor right? No time limit?
Read the Start of Day post again: I have a kingmaker power, but I don't have to use it, and won't use it lightly. If I don't, then person with most votes is lynched. Yes, there is a time limit, currently tomorrow evening (forum time), or in about 20 hours or so.

Emperor Bookthras: I noticed a shift in singular-plural in your first announcement. Forgive me if I'm missing anything in a kingmaker game, but "We"?
Dude, you actually live in a monarchy, yes? Gud bevare hans Majestät Konungen Carl XVI Gustaf. You should know all about the Royal We, or "majestic plural". Ever heard of Good Queen Vic saying "we are not amused"?

Basically, a sovereign speaks of themselves in the plural form because they embody the State. When I speak in singular, I talk non-flavourfully about this particular meatbag Solomon/Bookthras; when I speak in plural, I communicate the sovereign thoughts of Earth and I. I shall reserve the Royal pronoun for flavour only, though.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2012, 04:26:33 am »

SC, Imperial wincon is 'Emperor survives'. There's nothing about 'eliminating threats'. You're a lying liar who lies, and probably Cybrid due to the way you were speaking about rebels.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2012, 04:30:10 am »

Also, as a completely offtopic note, Book, please use some other shade of blue, since it's unreadable on the dark forum theme. Like this. Or this.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2012, 07:05:31 am »

S. Corps. Stuff, and a failure to answer a question.

Also commenting on rebel scummitude: They're usually just another town faction. In this game, though, things are different, I suppose.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2012, 08:14:43 am »

Servant:  Your post is partially correct, in that cybrids are a dire threat.  However, you obviously want us to ignore your rebellion completely in favor of getting rid of the cybrids first so as to give you more control over the situation before that happens.

Your failure to know the Imperial wincon is a scum slip of epic proportions, and you are painfully obvious scum. Enjoy your noose.

The following is a message for Grand Emperor Book:

Servant Corps is extremely obviously rebel scum, and should be removed today.  However, he is correct insofar that there are other threats to take care of- namely, the Cybrid menace.  On that note, there are things to look out for.

Ottofar and Dariush haven't done much besides RV and (albeit wisely) vote on Servant, and Toony, besides going on about colors, has only attacked Phantom without moving his (previously random) vote to him.  Look for more detail from him and the previous two.

Tiruin and Phantom I have more trouble reading simply because I haven't played many games with them, which is something worth mentioning.  The others (Think and Simple) I haven't really seen anything out of noteworthy- so far.

Are we delaying ourselves by attacking rebels when the Cybrid threat is out there?  Perhaps, but when an obvious opportunity exists to eliminate a rebel presents itself, I believe it is in our best interest to take it.  I would enjoy hearing your opinion on what you perceive to be the greater threat- the rebels or the cybrids.  Should we focus on one or the other, or move to hunt them both at the same time?  I prefer hunting them both, but getting rid of Servant this early means one less rebel to worry about and therefore allows us to better think about eliminating the Cybrids.

Rebels or cybrids, we will hunt them down and exterminate them.

On that note:

Ottofar and Dariush:  Who else do you suspect and why?

ToonyMan:  Why are you attacking Phantom and (random) voting me?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2012, 10:40:01 am »

...Okay, fine. I scum-slipped.

I'm an non-Imperial. "Rebel Snowman", who also moonlights as an Imperial interrogator/officer. I can inspect people to determine their alignment however, and I was planning on using this to hunt Cybrids and my fellow rebels. I also was planning on sending accurate reports to Bookthras, because I don't like cybrids either.  Not accurate reports on who the rebels are, of course, but I wouldn't claim that an Imperial is somebody else.

See, Toaster? This is where claiming comes in handy.

Emperor Bookthras, do you really think wasting a lynch on an rebel would do any good, especially when you're dealing with a cybrid infestation? By the time the second day pass, there will be more than one cybrid out there, and since there are more Imperials than Rebels, the Cybrid will be more likely to convert Imperials rather than Rebels. This does weaken your side severely. The rebels may spread, but the cybrids will spread. You'd be better off trying to find and terminate the only existing Cybrid, rather than letting them spread unchecked.

And an easy lynch target is something that Cybrids can and will hide behind. Don't kill discussion over me.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2012, 10:43:04 am »

Also, to clarify - Protects (by Guards, Doctors, or anyone else) prevent a /single/ kill per night. Cybrid Conversions, should they exist, would count as a "kill" for this purpose, and the order they strike in will be decided randomly. Rebel/Imperial conversions, should they exist, would not count as a kill, and remain unblocked.

Also, day ends tonight, and tomorrow will begin once I have all night actions or once 48 hours have passed. If you aren't going to be around over the weekend, you can feel free to send them before the night phase actually begins. You can always change them later.

Extensions are available with majority support, and would extend the game until Monday night, roughly 10pm EST.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:45:09 am by GlyphGryph »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2012, 11:03:57 am »

And since I'm not good at clarifying what I mean by inspection...

By "inspect", I can get a result meaning Imperial, Rebel, or Unknown (which indicates the presence of a Cybrid, a Third-Party, or that I was roleblocked). If I get a result meaning Unknown, it's probably a good indication that the individual in question is a Cybrid (though it's not entirely conclusive).
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2012, 11:21:36 am »

Servant Corps

..By the time the second day pass, there will be more than one cybrid out there, and since there are more Imperials than Rebels, the Cybrid will be more likely to convert Imperials rather than Rebels. This does weaken your side severely. The rebels may spread, but the cybrids will spread. You'd be better off trying to find and terminate the only existing Cybrid, rather than letting them spread unchecked.

And an easy lynch target is something that Cybrids can and will hide behind. Don't kill discussion over me.

One thing that came to mind, how do you know exactly the plans of the Cybrids? The only one capable of creating others, is the Machinator thing mentioned in the role set. That's pointing out a very specific threat there. The thing I get, is that we have two scumteams here: Cybrid and Rebel. Nonetheless, you're an obvious scum right there. As the king'd person can only lynch one person at a time, any lead seems necessary if they pose a threat to the Emperor.

Also, Snowman? Bookthras has been announcing those statements himself, I guess, as only his account is posting what he wants to say! If there was The Overseer, then we'd already be seeing that one in action, and not straight from the Emperor's mouth.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2012, 11:24:18 am »

There's no overseer account so being a Rebel Snowman is really a fluff-role/Named Townie. Or Named Scum, in this case.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2012, 12:38:19 pm »

...Er. Rereading my Role PM, it seems that I misunderstood the whole concept of Named Townie/Scum and indeed my actual "role". My incompetence isn't speaking in my favor, I understand that but...

My role name is "Imperial Intelligence Officer". This role is a combination of an Imperial Officer (someone who investigates people every night and send their results to Bookthras) and Rebel Snowman (which is there for fluff purposes). I am allied with the Rebels currently though. I just quickly read through my Role PM and assumed I was a Rebel Snowman with investigate powers (since I was aligned with the Rebels), when technically, I wasn't.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2012, 02:33:10 pm »

Dariush:
Also, as a completely offtopic note, Book, please use some other shade of blue, since it's unreadable on the dark forum theme. Like this. Or this.
[OOC]This is the same "blue" used traditionally for FoS'ing people. Do you have trouble reading that too? I went with blue because GG's flavour used it, but fine, I'll accommodate you this time. Having dealt with this, how about you join the game and do something actually useful?[/OOC] The entire extent of your participation is an OOC post, a RV question, and a one liner bandwagon vote. Not good enough.

Toaster:
I would enjoy hearing your opinion on what you perceive to be the greater threat- the rebels or the cybrids.  Should we focus on one or the other, or move to hunt them both at the same time?  I prefer hunting them both, but getting rid of Servant this early means one less rebel to worry about and therefore allows us to better think about eliminating the Cybrids.
Your diligence is noted. I agree Getting rid of Servant Corps is the best action for today. As for focus, find them all, and kill them all. As targets, cybrids are more valuable, yes, but the scope of the hunt shouldn't be narrowed down in their interest, as hunting alone is unlikely to find whether a scummy person is one or the other. If you find scum, kill it.

Servant Scum:
Emperor Bookthras, do you really think wasting a lynch on an rebel would do any good, especially when you're dealing with a cybrid infestation?
Yes. You are scum, and are dying today.

This, however, is true. I find especially suspicious those who have made little contribution and delurked only to jump on your wagon, like Ottofar and Dariush.

However, your being obvscum has already diminished the amount of useful discussion possible today. I would prefer we don't extend the day if the lynch is a foregone conculsion, however if we don't see a useful post from the following, it would be useful to extend to give us more of a chance to see them:

Simple, Phantom, Toony, and Think, your Emperor commands you to weigh in, and discuss in detail a) your opinion as to SC's scummitude, b) do you see any reason to prevent his lynch today, and c) who else you suspect, why, and what are you going to do about that.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2012, 03:34:06 pm »

Servant: Alright to make it clear : you're Rebel! Imperial Intelligence officer ? And your only ability is inspecting people and sending reports to emperor ? And i guess you should at least tell us who you think we should lynch instead if you want to bargain with us ?

Tiruin: Which cybrid plans that Servant mentioned look suspiciously detailed to you ?

Bookthras : Sure. Well it's pretty obvious that he's our best choice right now, and to add to his confession i'm still not convinced he's telling the truth i wouldn't be surprised if he omitted the part of his role that's useful for the rebels. It seems a bit strange that he got only rebel role that could be of any use against the cybrids. Lynching guaranteed rebel could be than lynching probable cybrid, but first we need to have the second one.

And right now my secondary picks are pretty weak : Tiruin last post feels like he wants to convince us that he knows absolutely nothing about cybrids and want them gone with passion. And i'm not sure what to think of Ottofar lurk technique but as far as i remember that's not that unusual.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2012, 03:54:45 pm »

Unvote Toaster

ToonyMan: Do you think Phantom is scum, or shit-talking town?
I don't know yet.  Leaning on scum but not enough to cast a vote.

S. Corps. Stuff, and a failure to answer a question.
Veeeeeery lazy town, or bandwagoning scum Ottofar.  "Stuff"?  Really?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18