Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 432328 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #2985 on: May 15, 2012, 08:58:03 pm »

Kobolds begin to panic. Daleks no longer functioning.

SOMEONE CRACK THIS DOME! I CANT BREATH VERY WELL!

Why cant I ever get in the big stuff so I can do the real long posts? -OOC
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: May 15, 2012, 09:00:58 pm »

Zanzetkuken is out taming Eldrazi, will be back after 3 p.m. tomorrow.

Edit: Wow, we have made it over 200 pages!
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: May 15, 2012, 09:08:17 pm »

I start babbling backwards in strange tongues, an appeal to the darker powers, heedless of the dangers around me.
The torches dim, and frost starts forming on the ceiling.
Spells and plasma bolts gutter out of existence.
The world starts moving as if underwater.
As long as the chant continues, then magic nor higher technology is functional.

Shame about those Xenomorphs and creepers, then.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: May 15, 2012, 09:14:53 pm »

The giant plump helmet man, charred purple head and all, was taking a sabbatical in the corner. Apparently he was trying to regenerate his dammaged myconoid tissue by sucking in water through his feet, which he had plunked down in a bucket he had drawn from the isolated upstairs hospital zone's well.

Weird joykill didn't care, just as long as plumpy didn't become yet another statistic in this insanity. When he got his hands on hugo, the laughing tincan was gonna have his head pop off like a jack in the box. Nothing short of it would be in any way satisfying. Popping head. End of story.

After nearly being vaporized by corai...a few times.... (they couldn't have *all* been accidental either...) the kobold seemed to have a limited grasp of the controls.  With the shell compromised, they decided to turn the forcefield generator on, even though the feild ate a huge amount of power. With all the ollifex goop splattered all over, you just couldn't be too careful.

Sadly, corai's grasp of the "flight mode" was a little less than spectacular. He refused to try again after shooting straight up like a rocket and impacting into the ceiling. Well, at least if he avoided stairs he would be fine.... maybe....

closing the hole up the SPHM created I his "Oh Yeah!" Hysterionical entrance performance, Joykill finally took a moment to let the adrenaline slack off.  His knees felt like jello.

Loud stomping, roaring laughter, and deep baritone taunting came from outside the fortress, but weird didn't care.

Shambling more than walking to the scene of the OK Corall part II just outside the dining hall, curls of orange cloud still creeping out from behind the slightly ajar doors from between the crumbled bits of rubble.

The engravers would be more than pissed.

...if they were still alive....

Once these stupid trashcans were up, and corai's gang of goons stuck in em, he would go do an emergency census to see who was still alive.  The last thing they needed right now was a bunch of killer ghosts on the loose from improperly memorialized dwarves.

One thing at a time....

Corai's tank sat idly in the hall, facing the stairwell.

He sat on the floor, next to the wall, fiddling with a dalek casing. One thing the suit was not designed for was comfort. Rubber and glass don't breathe very well, and he had been doing gymnastics (or as close to as possible) in the thing.  He was hot. And sweaty. And his back itched. He removed his headgear to get some ventilation, and to breathe free of the filter mask.

If these daleks came with an instruction manual, it surely wasn't in trilingual french, spanish, english format, that was for sure.  Jabbing a black button inside the exposed control panel on the half demolished unit he was handling, he received a pretty intense shock as the forceshield came on, and the autorepair sequence activated.

"Ok... don't push the black button..." he said to himself, as corai's red eyed turret swung around 18o degrees.

"Nobody's in it." Joykill said. "It's empty."

"DON'T PUSH SCARY BUTTONS!" Corai chittered in retort. "BUTTONS are SHOCKY!"

Shaking the sting out of his now half-numb arm, he was apt to agree. At least it wasn't the auto destruct.

On the plus side... this shell didn't look damaged at all now.

He dug around for something to pry it open with.

Then corai's tank hit the ground, and he started yelling.  A muffled sound from inside, since the combox had gone down too.

"Push the black button,... second from the left... on the bottom row!"

The yelling stopped a moment, then a shrill shriek came from inside the advanced special weapons tank, as the shocking started.

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU JOYKILL!" Was the only intelligible thing he could make out, but in a few seconds, the damaged casing sealed up, the eyestalk lit up again, and the tank resumed its low hovering.

Moments later, the tank wheeled around, and 2 heavy weapons barrels were aimed right at his head.

"I surrender!"

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: May 15, 2012, 09:20:40 pm »

And at that moment, the Daleks began to turn off, as the chanting eventually worked into the mechanical beasts and basicly fried them.

"Im safe!" he mumbled, noticing the lack of daleks talking.

"Oh damn, tech is not working.", Corai began to curl up and stare, he had no form of fighting skill unless techology was involved. But atleast Weird Joykill's card up the sleeve was down as well...
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: May 15, 2012, 09:21:44 pm »

So is the war over?
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: May 15, 2012, 09:31:53 pm »

Well, having all magic and higher technology disabled by MrHappyFace's chant, all the daleks are sitting inert, unable to do anything but their casing prevents anything being done to them. I have no idea where the Squad of Legends is, they were last seen by Gizogzin. There are still creepers and Xenomorphs prowling around the lower fortress, trying to find their way up. Weird's lab is inaccessible due to the, ahem, power outage, and still full of Daleks.

All are sitting inside, Clock Hugo and the abominable spawn of Gbaneg are outside. It's about time for a breather from them at least.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: May 15, 2012, 09:33:11 pm »

The sound of powerpacks going dark all around him was terrible.

"I think god hates me."

He groaned.

"Well. It was fun while it lasted. Back to plan A.... but first, I gotta get the pipsqueak out of that tincan..."

Hunting in the rubble, the dwarf that had been happy to meet him earlier just as he died stared lifelessly up at the tiles above him, white glaze gelling on the corneas of his eyes. It was a pitiful sight to see, it haunted him.  But the dwarf had something he needed. Prying the adamantine axe from his cold, riggor-mortis afflicted grasp, weird claimed the wonderously light wondermetal axe, and cursed himself for not making his hazard suit out of it. The thing was insanely light, and easy to swing.  Even corai could............

"One thing at a time..." he murmured.

"GET ME OUT,OF THIS THING, YOU SADIST!" Shouted corai from his black metal prison.

"Just a minute, god damn!" Weird retorted angrily.

The little shit wasn't walking around in 150lbs of crap.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: May 15, 2012, 09:42:35 pm »

Someone ought to make SPHM tend to the wounded, since he possesses the power of Super Dwarven Wine.

I wonder what KodKod would have to say about all this?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: May 15, 2012, 09:45:39 pm »

....Screw girls, this thread is my true love.

Thats what I bet she would say, so much evil and sadism.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #2995 on: May 15, 2012, 10:30:52 pm »

There are still creepers and Xenomorphs prowling around the lower fortress, trying to find their way up. .

Most of them were taken out by my cats. Anyway:

Kofthefens batters a Dalek!
Kofthefens scares a Dalek to death!
Kofthefens batters another Dalek!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:45:03 pm by Kofthefens »
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: May 15, 2012, 10:43:31 pm »

*Tath Zagith and Indilwen return coated in blood and gore from the "Outside"*
SUCH CREATURES CANNOT EXIST. Flying metal creatures that spew fire. Impossible, just impossible
*Starts an engraving muttering can't exist such things can't...*
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:46:16 pm by Saurinae »
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: May 15, 2012, 11:20:18 pm »

Daleks aren't big on fear, but right now they are kind of helpless. So I suppose it would be possible to suck the life out of a few of them. When the power comes back on, though, I fear they'd use their beams to go Ghost-Busters on your ass. All your kittens have become daleks, anyhow, so you'd better take out as many as you can!

It should take about half an hour for the Xenos to make it up this far, so be prepared; SPHM warned about them.

MrHappyFace, how long does this anti-magic, anti-electricity field last?

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #2998 on: May 15, 2012, 11:23:59 pm »

Reply 3000!

Meanwhile, Kofthefens continue to scare, batter, and paralyze daleks
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: May 15, 2012, 11:25:15 pm »

The sounds of combat had started to die down at the upper levels. Oliolli had finally taken the sword out and had even managed to seal the wound, more or less, even cauterize it with a well played blast of demon-fire. After that he had not run into any more demons, actively avoiding contact. The stairway was blocked at several points, so Oliolli had had to grab a pickaxe from a dead miner and make some new routes. The upside of this was that none of the new routes would have demons in them. He had also taken specuak care to seal any new routes he made, to prevent the demons from using them. Dropping into the third cavern layer, he started mining another hole. Ever deeper, towards hell. For whatever reason no cavern creatures could be seen, but Oliolli remained alert despite this. Several meters into the cavern floor, he sealed the hole he had been mining. Some mining later he heard a small crash, followed by what sounded like the placing of stones to build a wall.
--
In the end Oliolli understood he had simply mined an entirely new passage to an entirely new adamantine spire. It should be relatively safe to mine this spire out, as hell was already open.
--
Several minutes of mining later Oliolli was standing at the edge of an eerie glowing pit. If his sense of direction was still functional, he was also close to the edge of the area, so he didn't even try to move to his left. Very little movement could be seen, just the way Oliolli had hoped. Pick in hand, he started moving towards the massive pile of skeletons under a spire, the site of wierd joykill's heroic sacrifice. These skeletons will be put to good use once again. he thought, and was soon startled by a voice speaking behind him. "You. Took. My. Spot. In. The. Fortress. I was not finished yet. I was still of use. And you had to ruin things for me. You and all the others simply decided that I was of no use anymore. So what did you do? You killed me. You destroyed me. Simple as that. But I'm not mad. I found a new employer. Either way, this thing was put to use for me, as it was always meant to." Oliolli spun around and was shocked by what he saw: An odd contraption, somewhat resembling gizogin's clockwork body, only much more advanced. The voice it was speaking with was very familiar. "Clockwork Luman will reward me handsomely for destroying you." Clockwork Oliolli said.

OOC: Anyone got some good boss music?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 214