Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Haste makes waste. [Game over!]  (Read 102468 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - He didn't get what he wanted [Day 2]
« Reply #135 on: April 28, 2012, 02:45:55 pm »

Spoiler: Whoops! Fixed. (click to show/hide)
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 28, 2012, 05:46:15 pm »

You're voting me because I'm jumping aboard bandwagon? Please review what happened to Dariush. If your only reason for voting for me is because I jumped on a bandwagon then I guess everyone who voted Dariush is scum too. Oh wait, Urist voted for Dariush. Weird huh?

As for the 'ass-covering' I was being nice but I guess being nice isn't allowed. And for the question bit, everyone else is asking questions. Betting about a fifth of the questions asked in this thread are just there so people don't get the weird way of thinking Urist has.

But hey if I need to ask a question then I guess I will.
Unvote Tiruin
Urist: Why do you use me getting on a bandwagon as a reason for voting for me even though you did that to Dariush?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 28, 2012, 06:20:56 pm »

Nice OMGUS there, Mr. D. You seem to be thinking that "bandwagoning" is simply voting someone who gets lynched. It's not. It's voting for the person with the most votes or who looks most likely to be lynched with no good reason for voting them.
You're voting me because I'm jumping aboard bandwagon? Please review what happened to Dariush. If your only reason for voting for me is because I jumped on a bandwagon then I guess everyone who voted Dariush is scum too. Oh wait, Urist voted for Dariush. Weird huh?
Remember how my vote on Dariush was originally an RVS vote that became a real vote due to his response? Remember how I was the first vote on him? You, on the other hand:

a) were the sixth person to vote Tiruin, with nothing other than "he's a nice guy but I'll toss my vote on the ever-growing pile" and
b) a halfhearted repeat of stuff Shakerag said, with
c) a further accusation of dodging questions that you haven't presented anything to support (and you should do that, because I and presumably others can't seem to find any of these ignored questions),
d) while at the same time ignoring Tiruin's questions to you. Hypocrisy is not a good thing.

scumscumscumscumscumscumscumscum

(I wonder if the lurker tracker picks up hex-valued red text. Only one way to find out I guess)

As for the 'ass-covering' I was being nice but I guess being nice isn't allowed.
Mafia is SRS BSNS where being a pedantic asshole is standard practice.

And for the question bit, everyone else is asking questions.
And how does other people asking questions help you find scum?

Betting about a fifth of the questions asked in this thread are just there so people don't get the weird way of thinking Urist has.
The fuck does this mean. The thinking that Shakerag might be your scumbuddy?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 28, 2012, 06:22:35 pm »

EBWOP:
(I wonder if the lurker tracker picks up hex-valued red text. Only one way to find out I guess)
It doesn't.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 28, 2012, 07:19:37 pm »

Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2012, 08:14:55 pm »

I wasn't even paying attention to the Shakerag stuff. Sorry about missing that Native.

Urist
About ignoring Tiruin's post: His posts are giant and reading a post that has a 10% chance to involve me isn't really worth my time because I have better things to do, like play Age Of Empires or old Nintendo games.
About you saying that it's standard practice to be an asshole in Mafia: I have only played 1 other game of Mafia. During that no one was being extremely rude. If this is still a reason after you read this then it is as much a reason as Dariush's slip.
About other people asking questions: They have more experience. I have little experience They know how the people here play, I have no idea. Any questions I ask will probably be easily deflected.
About me saying half the questions are probably just there to be there: I said this because you used me not asking questions as a valid reason.

NativeForeigner
Sorry for not replying earlier.
The parroting question Uh I guess, I actually believe Tiruin is being suspicious and that he could be scum. Sorry for not asking questions.

Tiruin
Sorry about not seeing this.
Why I voted 99.99% sure I already explained this in the post where I voted.
The other question Urist is a pretty good lead. He immediately turns his attention to me when other people did exactly what I did, only they included questions.
Scumpick question
In order: 1. Urist.
2. Shakerag
3. Tiruin.
4. YOU. YES YOU READING THIS. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Questions
Native What Tiruin said. Why only go with your gut? Could it be that you are hungry and your gut is saying you should get pizza?

Urist Please supply a good reason as to why you supposedly visited GG when he died. If you already answered this then please direct me to the post.

Everyone Is being new and inexperienced good enough to warrant being lynched?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2012, 08:46:15 pm »

Urist
About ignoring Tiruin's post: His posts are giant and reading a post that has a 10% chance to involve me isn't really worth my time because I have better things to do, like play Age Of Empires or old Nintendo games.
About you saying that it's standard practice to be an asshole in Mafia: I have only played 1 other game of Mafia. During that no one was being extremely rude. If this is still a reason after you read this then it is as much a reason as Dariush's slip.
About other people asking questions: They have more experience. I have little experience They know how the people here play, I have no idea. Any questions I ask will probably be easily deflected.
About me saying half the questions are probably just there to be there: I said this because you used me not asking questions as a valid reason.

NativeForeigner
Sorry for not replying earlier.
The parroting question Uh I guess, I actually believe Tiruin is being suspicious and that he could be scum. Sorry for not asking questions.

Tiruin
Sorry about not seeing this.
The other question Urist is a pretty good lead. He immediately turns his attention to me when other people did exactly what I did, only they included questions.
Scumpick question
2. Shakerag
3. Tiruin.
Why am I on your list twice? I don't get it. And why Shakerag over Tiruin?

Urist Please supply a good reason as to why you supposedly visited GG when he died. If you already answered this then please direct me to the post.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You will get no sympathy from the town. What is interesting to note is that Tiruin still has five(?) votes on him, while you only have one, and you're worried about being lynched. Panicking much?

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 28, 2012, 08:57:58 pm »

No, it was simply to see if everyone else shares your logic.
Shakerag because he's suspicious and Tiruin has supplied answers to several questions which other people have asked but I have thought.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2012, 09:05:36 pm »

if(Urist == derp)
  post == preview;
else
  post != preview;

Urist
While I agree that old Nintendo games are very timeworthy, perhaps it would be in your best interest to actually be paying attention to the game. What if Tiruin had made some glaring slip-up in his giant wall of text that nobody else picked up on? You'd never know about it.

Let me be more specific: Assholery is standard practice here in Bay 12's Mafia community.

About other people asking questions: They have more experience. I have little experience.
And how are you going to gain experience if you don't do anything?

They know how the people here play, I have no idea.
There are a bunch of threads here of past games. If you had time to waste

Any questions I ask will probably be easily deflected.
Probably. But then again, maybe not. If you don't try, you won't get anything. And if someone deflects a good question, they're most likely going to get called on it.

Are you saying that a significant proportion of the questions being asked are being asked so that people don't go after the askers for not asking questions, and that scumhunting is simply a secondary concern to not being hunted oneself? While that is probably true, the questions asked for the sake of questioning someone are probably being asked by the scum (being, as they are, without a need to hunt scum). Because that's the scum's mentality - look like you're hunting scum and for the love of god don't get lynched.

Tiruin has supplied answers to several questions which other people have asked but I have thought.
Which questions in particular?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - The Tomb of the Forgotten King [Day 1]
« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2012, 11:21:44 pm »

Vote Count:

Jack A T: 
Darvi: 
Tiruin: NativeForeigner, Darvi, Jack A T, Shakerag
NativeForeigner:
Shakerag: Tiruin
Urist Imiknorris: Mr. Dwarfinton
Flandre: 
Mr. Dwarfinton: Urist Imiknorris

Not Voting:  Flandre,

Day 2 will last until Monday, 4/30 at 11 PM.

Flandre is requesting a replacement.

Mod Toast: In the description of Enchant Armor was: 25% kill resistance, does this pertain to the scum NK, or to item usage that leads to death?

Any source of kills, including the Mafiakill, Scroll of Death, Scroll of Self Defense, Scroll of Hellfire, etc etc etc.

Define 'Kill'?

The Mafiakill or any item that directly kills another player.  This includes all in the previous question except the Scroll of Self Defense.  Item class is listed in the great big item spreadsheet linked in the OP.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2012, 06:30:05 am »

I suppose it could true that Shakerag+another scum targeted him and only reported you two, but I'm not really sold on that theory. What do you have, beyond speculation, to prove that's what happened?
Waiting on Shakerag for one. Hoping that everyone would be more active, other than spending their vote on an investigate-choice.

Define 'Kill'?

The Mafiakill or any item that directly kills another player.  This includes all in the previous question except the Scroll of Self Defense.  Item class is listed in the great big item spreadsheet linked in the OP.

Hm, I wonder how Shakerag got his targets then?

First of all, I'm happy that activity is seen.

Second of all, Mr.Dwarfinton, Y U OMGUS and insult me on my post? (Shakerag, Mr.D just became a hell lot more scummy.)

Mr.D:
I wasn't even paying attention to the Shakerag stuff. Sorry about missing that Native.
You apologize to Native, yet don't answer my question?!

"Oh look, Giant post! 10% involve chance! Nuuuuu!"
Spoiler: :I (click to show/hide)

Then you ignore MY POST that was obviously directed at you, and say that to Urist?
Spoiler: Insulting. (click to show/hide)

Guess what Mafia is about? Finding scum, and by your own words here, you're evading my point!

Oh wait, you did answer me.

But Hm, one/more mistakes:
Scumpick question
2. Shakerag
3. Tiruin.
Firstly, if Shakerag was of higher priority than me, why vote me? Why is Shakerag suspicious? You Buddying your accomplice there?

Second, who are you referring to in the fourth question without even trying to scumhunt on other people (other than the one who voted you)? That strikes me as jumpy. I read that. Toaster read that. Everyone else who bothers to find scum reads posts.

Thirdly-ish:
If you had explained it in the post in which you've voted me:
I haven't had a lot of time to get on, I probably should have mentioned that 2 days ago. Anyway:

After reading all the stuff I missed, voting Tiruin even though he's a nice guy. He's trying to get us to inspect a list that a dude guy came up with even though it is sensible and he seems to be trying to avoid questions.
This is a weak reason why. I'm stating why I did the block, why can't you further explain more on me or at least question me why? Stating it in a declamatory sentence is just like stating "Must be scum. Lynch!" without even giving the benefit of the doubt.

That, is bandwagoning, sir. Voting the one with a lot of red on him.

And, you don't even try to question Shakerag as he is on your list?

Yeah. Sure.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2012, 06:35:07 am »

EBWOP:

Remove the quote on Toaster. I Accidental the Vote-count post.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2012, 04:36:30 pm »

But one thing hit me, why didn't anyone suspect, or state they suspected how GG rated them?
Tiruin: People didn't immediately answer this because you didn't actually aim it at anyone or even everyone, I think.  That, and it's a dumb question.  My answer: Maybe it had to do with the results fitting the explicit reasons for the ratings quite well, leaving a serious lack of reason to wonder?  I didn't see the list during the day when it was posted.  What on earth did you intend to get out of this question?

So you're blind to if Shakerag even did it? Or are just evading?

I suppose it could true that Shakerag+another scum targeted him and only reported you two, but I'm not really sold on that theory.
NativeForeigner: There's a difference between not really being sold on a theory that has been brought up a lot in the thread, but considering it to be possible, and acting as if there is no way it could be possible.

Mr. Dwarfinton: Desperate and scared, I see.  Under the force of one vote and a few FoSes, you're shouting at everyone about the chance of you being lynched for "being new and inexperienced".
OH WAIT NOPE!
No, it was simply to see if everyone else shares your logic.
It's not a panicked attempt to get out of a not-even-close-to-a-lynch!  It's clearly an attempt to see if people agree with Urist's logic about your bandwagoning/terrible OMGUS/ignorance of questions, by asking them if they like kicking puppies think lynching people for being new and inexperienced is good!

So, why exactly did you ask everybody a loaded, "OH NO I'M A POOR POOR NEWBIE DON'T LYNCH ME" question if you were looking for views on Urist's arguments, when you could've just, you know, asked about views on Urist's arguments?

Unvote, vote Mr. Dwarfinton.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - The Tomb of the Forgotten King [Day 1]
« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2012, 09:05:25 pm »

Hapah has replaced Flandre.

Vote Count:

Jack A T: 
Darvi: 
Tiruin: NativeForeigner, Darvi, Shakerag
NativeForeigner:
Shakerag:
Urist Imiknorris: Mr. Dwarfinton
Hapah: 
Mr. Dwarfinton: Urist Imiknorris, Tiruin, Jack A T

Not Voting:  Hapah

Day 2 will last until Monday, 4/30 at 11 PM.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2012, 09:16:31 pm »

My first Bay12 Mafia game. Play nice! :)

Lots of catching up to do! I'll see if I can sneak in a read and a post before bed, but no promises.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35