Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: "She had a miscarriage recently"  (Read 6340 times)

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "She had a miscarriage recently"
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2012, 04:58:02 pm »

I had a tantrum spiral in a 210 dwarf strong fort from a single death...a baby died to goblins - the other 47 babies/children started rampaging because they are social animals and after everything settled down I was down to 106 dwarves with only 16 babies/children alive.

I do think unhappy thoughts from death are a little strong.

I had a fort with some 200 dwarves. On dwarf drowned after attempting to retrieve a poorly placed sock while I was filling up a cistern. Ever quickly draining the cistern and burying the body before it began to rot, I still had some 100+ absolutely miserable dwarves and a massive tantrum spiral that left probably around 75 dwarves dead.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2012, 05:00:37 pm »

I had a fort with some 200 dwarves. On dwarf drowned after attempting to retrieve a poorly placed sock while I was filling up a cistern. Ever quickly draining the cistern and burying the body before it began to rot, I still had some 100+ absolutely miserable dwarves and a massive tantrum spiral that left probably around 75 dwarves dead.
Obviously you aren't providing enough happy thoughts for your dwarves then. With a legendary dining room, engraved individual bedrooms, and a "memorial hall" filled with "tastefully arranged" tombstones, I can literally lose like 40 dwarves before the other 40 will even begin to drop below ecstatic.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2012, 05:03:42 pm »

and don't forget the combo of decadent dishes and lower quality dishes, which stack, and boozes and being satisfied at work from those battery of repeating rock blocks jobs.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2012, 05:22:28 pm »

and don't forget the combo of decadent dishes and lower quality dishes, which stack, and boozes and being satisfied at work from those battery of repeating rock blocks jobs.

You left out the weapon traps made of pimped out mechanisms and weapons (artifact, or at least masterful)  ;) And a mist generator can be thrown in for good measure, if your PC is strong.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2012, 05:31:45 pm »

And the well, now that you mention it, and the trade depot for some reason

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2012, 06:49:13 pm »

And a masterfully designed wood furnace in the dining room.

Also, we need to get back on the topic of automatic abortion. This thread derail got derailed too early...

Edit:
I've made squads out of every married female in the fort, and created an alert set to herd all of them into a lockable area every six months (named 'Dwarven Spa'), filled with lovely statues, bedrooms, a dining room, and food (no booze), and a nearby lockable well for emergencies. Hopefully dehydration should do the trick.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 09:48:45 pm by UrbanGiraffe »
Pages: 1 2 [3]