Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: For Glory and Adamantine: Steelbeard II (34.11) OVERSEER LOTTO ACTIVE  (Read 22460 times)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Re: For Glory and Adamantine: Steelbeard II (34.11) Year 1 done!
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2012, 12:38:53 pm »

If you decide to end your turn early, the overseer after you plays the remainder of your turn plus his full year.

Sorry, everyone, but I don't have the time to finish up. A bunch of college stuff flowed in and, well, DF is a low priority right now q;
Save's here.

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2012, 08:16:24 pm »

ok, I've got the save :) Urist McFirsttimesuccessionoverseer to the rescue lol :)
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2012, 12:57:20 am »

I decided to go ahead and put up a pre-playing record, because at least tonight's actual play time will be short because of time spent with my lady :) With no further ado, here comes the first update:

The official records of the tenure of Sculleywr, overseer of the fortress of Delerdurad:

17th Galena

I only wanted to eat. Then some desperate dwarf came running to me in our unfinished dining room. It appeared that the former overseer, Crazy Cow, had withdrawn from his position early. Apparently, the miner decided that he wanted to "expand his horizons". Elf-spit! What kind of horizons exist for a miner? "Mining alloys out of mixed rock 101"? Well, I guess it falls to me to take a look around this new fortress. Hopefully by the end of next year, I can whip this place into shape.

The first place I visited was the office of our bookie, where I identified a horrible shortage in our food stockpiles. Apparently the original farm that was built when I came here with the other 6 of us founders was still the only farm available! With our current food stockpiles, there is only one meal for each person left. I immediately ordered that our miners dig out larger areas for our farmers to work. The expansion should be done handily to quadruple our farm space. I also hope to "expand the horizons" of our food industries, because I would like to eat more than just plump helmets.

With a now bustling community of 70 dwarves, I have been wondering why we only have 28 bedrooms built and why the future bedrooms would not be designated to be dug. So I have now ordered our miners to begin digging out the new housing. For the next few days, I expect to see several complaints about the noise from our miners digging them out, but I also expect that the result of housing available to each dwarf will be worth it.

As it is right now, as I was eating, some idiot trader has obfuscated with the key to my crafting shop! he has now holed himself up in there, locking everyone out, and is scribbling pictures of gems, quarries, and Armok only knows what else. I have notified the commander that his men may be required to deal with him if we are unable to find somebody to cut him a gem. I'm half tempted to take care of the dolt myself, but it would take too long to construct a tunnel to make a one time use drowning chamber.

On the other hand, that does give me an idea of a good defense against future sieges. Perhaps I could create a drowning chamber in the upstairs foyer, allow the unsuspecting goblins to enter through the front entrance when I have my dwarves ready, then drown them in the foyer. The only problem I can think of is drainage. Of course, this project would require a new location of the depot and doors for the craft stockpile, but I think a year and a half is plenty of time for that project.

So now, I will go to sleep, and tomorrow, the terrible wrath of Sculleywr will be unleashed on all lazy dwarves!

I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2012, 02:56:23 pm »

Can you give us a graphical overview?
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2012, 03:56:15 pm »

Can you give us a graphical overview?

I'm in the process of figuring out how to attach photos. :/ setting up an offsite photo place to upload screenshots, then will attach. sorry for the paucity of the photos.

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2012, 04:10:52 pm »

and then the computer decides that Dwarf Fortress is an undesired program -_-. Gotta redo the designations, but I got my screenshots, which will be uploaded in ten minutes.

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2012, 04:30:57 pm »

This is the official record of the economic wealth and census breakdown provided by our bookkeeper, mayor, and broker, Corai Weakclasped. I shall make an attempt to lighten his considerable job load by assigning other dwarves to his positions outside of the mayorhood.

This is the sketch I made of the beginnings of the drowning trap. I will actually place doors on the crafting stockpile and build the wall on the inside of the depot. this will make the project simpler.

So no sooner had I started, then on the next day, poor Vabok died mysteriously of dehydration, despite the vast amount of drinks we had available for him to consume. It would appear that a cemetery is the next thing on my agenda.

Here is the new farmland, with quadruple the size, we can expect our farmers to produce more food than previously possible.

The final piece of news before I get back to work on the fortress, one of the boys has grown attached to his weapon. Well, I guess he's going to keep his new toy.

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2012, 07:44:22 am »

Continued entries into the log by Sculleywr, the glorious overseer of Delurdurad:

13 Limestone, 104
I finally hope to be able to get my workshop back from that trader named Kol. He had been yelling for cut gems, so I assigned a new peasant to gem cutting duties, despite his protests that he knew nothing about cutting gems. I shoved a book in his hand. Gem Cutting for the Stupid Dwarf. After he built the workshop, I set him to cutting all these random gems we have laying all over the place.

17 Limestone, 104

Four days later, Kol finished his project, and, as a stone crafter, I can certainly say that I have never seen an equal to it made from the same materials.

I forgot to mention that in the midst of this, on the 2nd of Limestone, two babies were born shortly after the boys chased off a band of Goblin Snatchers. No children were harmed in this incident, but one goblin managed to lose his arm before escaping.I doubt we will see him again. The lever has been attached to the gate out front. I am still waiting on the floodgates to be constructed, but the construction of the doors has been put in preference.

12 Timber, 104

Of all the addlebrained, moronic decisions of Dwarfkind, I just found out that one of our previous overseers managed to break into the cavern and left the thing unsealed. Well, a dwarf came running through the halls as if he had seen a ghost. Well, it wasn't a ghost...

I hope my mason isn't too distracted to go build that wall...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2012, 12:46:43 pm »

Wow I have been out of it. What'd I miss? And when did I get an expensive beating stick?

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2012, 04:34:51 pm »

Apparently Crazy Cow got it for you. Unfortunately, just after I said that, the program crapped out. Everything happened except the attachment to your silver beating stick. However, you can be happy, I got you an adamantine warhammer to be a fancy beating stick :)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2012, 04:36:14 pm »

That.... No. Just no. I'm known to use stupidly underpowered weapons against the things they'll be underpowered against, but I draw the line at adamantine melee that doesn't have an edge.

GIMME BACK SILVER. NAO.

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2012, 04:37:17 pm »

So who thinks the boys can handle a forgotten beast made out of platinum? For now his cavern is sealed off.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2012, 04:39:01 pm »

I.... Don't. I vote we somehow trap it and shoot wooden bolts at it for practice though.

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2012, 04:44:38 pm »

there was only enough adamantine for two. However, your guy is about as good at swordsmanship as I am at dancing with quadriplegics. Sending you into the fray even with an addy sword is suicide. I'm working at choosing a new force of swordsmen and will shave off a layer of adamantine when I have a force ready, but as of yet, they would more likely run screaming from a chicken than fight a forgotten beast :/ I bought a bunch of masterwork cages from the merchant and requested more steel and some weaponry. Perhaps that would work nicely... Only one way into the fort from his cavern. If I built a few cage traps between us and him, it might work. other traps?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2012, 04:47:36 pm »

FBs are trapavoid. Gonna have to web them somehow or try to knock it into one with a cave in trap.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11