Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 635

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 667065 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #8970 on: February 28, 2023, 11:07:42 pm »

Where has Naturegirl gone?

Where is she?

I want her back.

I DEMAND IT!
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8971 on: March 01, 2023, 02:23:05 am »

Probably at college still.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8972 on: March 01, 2023, 08:54:15 am »

Reinventing the wheel with methylatedspirit, meanwhile we are here shitposting, as usual.
let

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8973 on: March 02, 2023, 08:26:15 pm »

So I have not (and nor do I really intend to) see M3GAN, but when it comes to these robots-gone-awry movies I have two questions:

1) Why do they give these robots powerful enough motors to do such superhuman feats?
2) Why don't these robots ever run out of energy? Seems like you should just be able to EMP them and/or just keep them away from a charging port until they run out.

Or is this just movie-writers, as generally is the case, just being ignorant of or intentionally ignoring basic physics and engineering realities?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8974 on: March 02, 2023, 08:28:18 pm »

Production companies wanting to profit from an unpleasant premise in an horror movie and also probably merchandising following it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8975 on: March 02, 2023, 08:35:49 pm »

So I have not (and nor do I really intend to) see M3GAN, but when it comes to these robots-gone-awry movies I have two questions:

1) Why do they give these robots powerful enough motors to do such superhuman feats?
2) Why don't these robots ever run out of energy? Seems like you should just be able to EMP them and/or just keep them away from a charging port until they run out.

Or is this just movie-writers, as generally is the case, just being ignorant of or intentionally ignoring basic physics and engineering realities?

It gets worse, big part of the Megan movie was the evil(?) corp wanting to mass produce the thing, somehow sourcing presumably cutting edge materials and electronics within a year and selling it for some 10 20 thousand bucks.

They actually do attempt to electrocute her, presumably horror movie tropes prevent that from just working.

Honestly the biggest thing I remember, the lead woman had a bookshelf of collectible toys or whatever in her house, you can see one of the WETA replica Righteous Bison laser pistols like in TF2.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8976 on: March 02, 2023, 08:50:57 pm »

Does this mean Mann vs Machine is canon in that universe?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8977 on: March 02, 2023, 08:58:57 pm »

Actually, Weta did sell life size movie prop Grodbort guns for a pretty penny.  It's been years so I dunno if they still do.

But yes, MvM is canon.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8978 on: March 02, 2023, 11:21:21 pm »

Awh, they made Chucky a girlfriend!

Travis Bickle

• Bay Watcher
  • *paranoia intensifies*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8979 on: March 03, 2023, 12:14:34 am »

In this particular case the boring, killjoy answer is the correct one: It's just a movie and more realistic elements of engineering take a back seat to making the robot monster a threat to our main characters. I only saw the movie once about a month ago, maybe longer, but I seem to recall the robot recharging at one point but being said to have a decently-sized power supply that would have been enough to carry her through her relatively short murder spree. As for question of EMPing the robot, I've never done such a thing myself so I don't know how easy that is to accomplish, but I don't think anyone who was attacked in the film was in a ready state to do so.
Cum his qui oderunt pacem eram pacificus.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8980 on: March 03, 2023, 12:32:13 am »

Movie style EMP's aren't actually something a regular person just has lying around, or could make in their garage without a ton of time, effort, and money to spend.

I'm fairly sure its theoretically *possible*, but it would probably be easier and cheaper to buy a literal rocket launcher.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8981 on: March 03, 2023, 01:06:48 am »

A household microwave and some sheet metal (say, from the side of a washing machine) can be made into a directed microwave emitter which will short out most machines. It has a very limited range (two meters max), and must be plugged into a wall.

Not very practical, but keep it in mind if the robodogs ever come knocking.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #8983 on: March 03, 2023, 02:11:29 am »

That could have made Terminator a bit shorter.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8984 on: March 03, 2023, 04:27:47 am »

Since the robot in question is for a civilian market couldn't you just shoot it or run it over and kill it that way?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 635