Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138915 times)

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [World Drunk III!]
« Reply #2010 on: September 25, 2013, 04:41:48 pm »

I'm considering taking a turn tonight - plenty of Sierra Nevada in the fridge - but I'm terrified of what boundless horrors might lie in wait in that save.
It's actually in surprisingly good shape so far, at least by Drunk Fortress standards. I may have been insufficiently drunk during my turn to really mess it up.

(Although, in hindsight, I think I may have just barely averted drowning the whole fortress by dumb luck... "Aquifer? What aquifer?" :D)
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: September 26, 2013, 01:17:15 pm »

Eh, I don't feel like taking a turn today.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: September 26, 2013, 07:58:18 pm »

I have a pint of 100-proof to work with, plotting to give it a go later tonight when I get home, unless someone gets plastered first.

Any other house rules I should make note of while I'm sober, and anyone on the dorf list?

EDIT: Good thing I didn't start drinking just yet, this 7z nonsense is getting on my nerves. Download faaaster. ;A;
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 10:09:58 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: September 26, 2013, 10:25:38 pm »

I hate double-posting, but...fuck it. Not tonight. Rapidshare's been failing to load for half an hour, and the 7z from the other DF upload site doesn't seem to like winrar. I would fix that by downloading 7Zip, except the installer puked up an error both times I downloaded it.

I think the internet hates me at the moment. Maybe tomorrow. ._.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: September 27, 2013, 01:38:46 am »

Agh, man, I hate it when that happens. :( I can relate.
Well, at least you didn't waste any of your booze on a false start! Maybe try and figure it out when you get a chance, or perhaps some more computer-savvy person than myself can advise you.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: September 27, 2013, 02:33:30 am »

Damn, sorry. :-[  I'll reupload my save as a plain old zip file, that should help.  It's not even (suprisingly) significantly larger.  I just picked 7z originally because I wanted to get the save uploaded as fast as possible, and 7zip usually makes smaller archives.

OK, here it is: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7995

If someone still prefers the 7z format, get it from rapidshare.
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: September 27, 2013, 04:58:35 am »

Damn, sorry. :-[  I'll reupload my save as a plain old zip file, that should help.  It's not even (suprisingly) significantly larger.  I just picked 7z originally because I wanted to get the save uploaded as fast as possible, and 7zip usually makes smaller archives.

OK, here it is: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7995

If someone still prefers the 7z format, get it from rapidshare.

And now that I'm awake again, yay. Seems to be downloading quicker now, I'm guessing the real problem was my connection being especially slow earlier. This late in the month it gets that way every so often.

Moral of the story? Satellite internet sucks sometimes. In any case, now I have the save. Likely will have to wait until the evening to start on it though, dunno if I'm going to wind up interrupted by stuff later in the morning. >.o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: September 27, 2013, 11:09:30 am »

Get boozed up and play!

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: September 27, 2013, 11:26:40 am »

I have a pint of 100-proof to work with, plotting to give it a go later tonight when I get home, unless someone gets plastered first.

Any other house rules I should make note of while I'm sober, and anyone on the dorf list?

EDIT: Good thing I didn't start drinking just yet, this 7z nonsense is getting on my nerves. Download faaaster. ;A;

For dwarfs I see yours "Chaosvolt" and one from Lolfail0009:
"Rokenzan"
Profession: The Mad
With highest level of musicality you can get.

No idea if said dwarf was named, or even still alive.

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: September 27, 2013, 12:02:44 pm »

I'm curious what happened to my dorf. If I'm in a coffin somewhere, I'd appreciate a redorfing as DS II. Ideally as anything besides a craftsdwarf or farmer.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: September 27, 2013, 05:05:18 pm »

I'm curious what happened to my dorf. If I'm in a coffin somewhere, I'd appreciate a redorfing as DS II. Ideally as anything besides a craftsdwarf or farmer.

Note the highlighted bits.  I'm not sure if you're in a coffin or not, but I'm pretty sure you're deceased. :D

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: September 27, 2013, 05:09:45 pm »

Man, those Bobnova's are everywhere.  There must be a hundred kids at the family reunion.

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: September 27, 2013, 05:11:05 pm »

Well, the bit right after that (lost a spouse to tragedy) kind of clinches it. To be sure, I wasn't expecting to survive for very long.  :P
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: September 27, 2013, 10:08:57 pm »

Hnnng, I was right to suspect today would be busy. Currently out doing late errands. Yay. ;A;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: September 28, 2013, 01:13:31 am »

Alright, I'm doing it. Gonna start drinking and play, will edit this post after getting some progress done.

EDIT 1: Post ahoy, save will come later.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT 2: Save ahoy, it's up. Aldo linked some broken image links and spacing issues caused by that post having been typed in Notepad. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8011
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 12:53:43 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 341