Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

3 Votes per person

Make all Ammo generic (any gun can use it) (piercing, normal, cutting)
- 11 (20.8%)
Start working on Wildlife (Surface)
- 15 (28.3%)
Make Hostile Civs have castes for added FUN (Jumpjet troopers, granadiner)
- 15 (28.3%)
Start on Cavern Wildlife
- 9 (17%)
Work on item pricing (most furniture is just 50 credits)
- 3 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [TC/RTS]: Dwarf Fortress, Command & Conquer (v1.2)  (Read 15283 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [TC/RTS]: Dwarf Fortress, Command & Conquer (v1.0)
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2014, 06:30:47 pm »

Version 1.1 is being delayed due to me making a certain creature a bit over powered making it almost impossible (even with cheating) to start due to the massive spawning process.

What is coming up in 1.1:

Krog wildlife so embarks are not completely boring
Will be able to purchase Drills and Chainsaws so caravans are not going to be the only way to acquire them
Will be able to sell weapons and other things for a small credit generation, to reduce clutter and move forward
Buy raw Flak, Kevlar, and Spectra to craft your own protective gear at the leatherworks. It may save a life or two, or maybe not.

Cyborgs will be more deadly, and War will have a scattershot (8 bullet blast) to go with the ripper, making it more ideal for close combat. Where death machine will remain a medium to long range cyborg like hellfire. Making Normal cyborgs and war machines the only upgrades that get up close and personal

Ammo and guns have had their numbers changed so hopefully there is some stopping the bullets, at least in hopes they are not like flying light sabres.

A unit that can stop replicators from breeding more troops incase "you have enough" and also revive dead "normal" units (revived units will suffer a year long debuff of speed, toughness, strength, and endurance.)

Bring cyborgs back to life at a heavy cost of credits (might be more since it has a chance not to work on the first try)

Rocket Turret to add to the standard ballistic models.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 03:47:19 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: [TC/RTS]: Dwarf Fortress, Command & Conquer (v1.0)
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2014, 10:46:17 pm »

I should have V1.1 Uploaded 2morrow

Changes:

Made Rocket Turret
Cyborgs get stat boosts now
added Pistols
Rifle is now Sniper Rifle
Added Combat Knife and Baton gun combos (all guns) making a total of 12 guns, 3 normal, 3 knife, and 3 baton for Pistol, SMG, Assult Rifle, and Sniper Rifle
Can now Buy Chainsaws and Drills at the construction computer terminal
All computer Terminals now need nothing to build them
Some numbers have been tweaked regarding weapons/ammo
Armor added (Vest, Combat Helm, Gloves, Combat Boots, Leggings)
Kevlar and Spectra values tweaked
Special Healer robot can be made, brings dead organic soldiers back to life for free, stops nearby replicators from spawning more troops
Cyborg attacks tweaked to reflex their combat roles
can buy Flak, Kevlar, and Spectra at the war terminal to be used in a leather works to make armor
can recycle guns, tools(drill chainsaw) and armor for credits (not much but it something back)
Krog Scouts, Spitters, and Drones can be found in the wilderness to prevent embark boredom and give excitement (1 Krog can easily kill a group of humans no problem)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: [TC/RTS]: Dwarf Fortress, Command & Conquer (v1.1)
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2014, 12:21:03 pm »

V1.1 is up. Next up will be making each caste and such with custom descriptions. And Recolor the KROG damn it's hard to see them on the dusty fields. or was that intended?

EDIT:
If you find something seems to be too overpowered, let me know so I can tone it down a bit. I know for a bit the wandering krogs seemed a bit overpowered, goal is to try and sell some crystal and buy some guns right away, even embark with some cheap stone blocks to build a small encampment
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 03:02:46 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

DeathShad0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2014, 11:35:01 pm »

So apparently I can't add anyone to the military? Hard to fight back against any Krog when everyone scatters in fear.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2014, 11:17:37 am »

did you assign a Captain noble? some reason the Installation Officer shows in the military screen :/ I'm still looking into that.

I'm going to quickly double check with a test embark just to make sure that still works. (Assigning a Captain)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2014, 09:59:41 am »

I saw command and conquer and instantly became interested :) I was thinking about making a tiberium sun mod for ages. I made floaters, and fiends, and visceroids... Still think I have them somewhere! I had a GDI, Nod and forgotten faction too. It was all pretty basic though...

DeathShad0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2014, 06:34:46 pm »

did you assign a Captain noble? some reason the Installation Officer shows in the military screen :/ I'm still looking into that.

I'm going to quickly double check with a test embark just to make sure that still works. (Assigning a Captain)
That was it, figured it out. Now I just have to survive long enough to get away from the damn Krog.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2014, 10:29:42 pm »

I saw command and conquer and instantly became interested :) I was thinking about making a tiberium sun mod for ages. I made floaters, and fiends, and visceroids... Still think I have them somewhere! I had a GDI, Nod and forgotten faction too. It was all pretty basic though...

Haha the critters would be a great help, if you feel inclined to share them (if you find them) save me some time as I am mainly doing maintenance and fluff of what I have now (mainly the wild krog being a huge pain in the ass) even if they have some errors don't bother me as I can just slap those silly.

That was it, figured it out. Now I just have to survive long enough to get away from the damn Krog.

I suggest either digging a hideout hole, embarking with some stone blocks (don't embark with an anvil it's easier just to buy your weapons then make them, and can't sell ores for big $$ yet.) and using those blocks to make a semi wall, and maybe buy a few doors that you can lock since the krog can't break doors down (yet) then just send men up on the walls to shoot them if they get too close to your harvesting zones for crystal.

Remember this is a harsh land, and installations are not easy to set up :P

EDIT:
One thing I'm playing with now is ranks or Veterancy not sure how it will work as it goes off of combat hardness (like when a soldier has seen so many terrible things he feels nothing anymore) since they have NOEMOTION that might make it hard to ever see this happen or not. My other option is to remove NOEMOTION and re-enable eating and drinking. However vodka can be bought which when drunk gives NOEMOTION for a bit. which in case of a tantrum spiral might just stop those angry soldiers from going stir crazy.

Oh and I made Krogs easier to see on the surface, underground not so much but not like there is much underground other then crazed mutant humans from the 3rd world war
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 09:11:57 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2014, 05:34:22 pm »

Got a little update, found out that units can level up (rank) rather quickly with I'm guessing NOEMOTION (a small fight is enough to boost a unit to heroic)
But I am not ready to remove NOEMOTION due to the fact that the removal of clothes will have them going nuts in no time.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137269.0
This is my current play fortress, going to find out all the bugs. And other annoying things, and maybe even more ideas to add.

changelog so far

• Veterancy added in, giving an attached title and recup and agility boosts.(currently just getting mauled is an instant lvl up)
  • Krogs are now Cyan instead of muddy brown (blending into the surface dust) and blood is now white ichor (forgot about places with snow, still hard to see there)
  • added descriptions for the new machines and alt tiles for the turrets
  • Cyborg castes now have descriptions and have an alt tile when not in the military
  • Can now sell copper, iron, silver, gold, and platinum ore for credits.
  • Can sell ice now
  • Can recycle bodies and body parts too.
  • Fixed bug where recycling rocks was taking blocks instead
  • Fixed bug where when a unit gets the ability to transform a motorized puller into something, they forever flash. Which was confusing.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2014, 01:48:33 am »

Oh, just realised you replied to me here Hugo. I'll have a look at my old laptop for the files over the weekend. I did this last summer though, so they're likely gone.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2014, 11:00:43 am »

If you don't that's fine, don't think it will be too hard to make them all up. I also forgot what floaters used for attacks but that info is a quick wiki away.

Decided to make armor out of steel, and since to do that need to use bars and fuel. Thing is you make guns from steel, so basically all you really need to buy from a terminal is Ammo and quivers because for the low low price of 250 credits you can get a steel bar and fuel (if I don't change prices) which is basically 1 piece of armor or a gun.

So will probably make it so you can buy and resell anvils, try to make guns take more materials to make based on how expensive it should be. Also might as well make more block buying reactions for different amounts (25, 10, 5, 1) and blocks are always 50 credits, even buy/sell ratio so can be refunded extra blocks.

so just working a few things out, testing and all that jazz. But V1.2 is almost ready to be launched. Small issue I noticed so far, and it just might be how im doing it. But resurrected units tend to lose the right to be a noble.

EDIT:
Also I stole some Graphics from http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=120494.0 hope they don't mind too much, PM'd them just to make sure that it's ok but it will make the mod look alot nicer and fit the theme better, also make everything look nicer.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 01:52:44 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: [TC/RTS]: Dwarf Fortress, Command & Conquer (v1.2)
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2014, 04:00:16 pm »

New version is out V1.2

Quote from: The Log
Veterancy added in, giving an attached title and recup and agility boosts.
Krogs are now Cyan instead of muddy brown (blending into the surface dust) and blood is now white ichor
added descriptions for the new machines and alt tiles for the turrets
Cyborg castes now have descriptions and have an alt tile when not in the military
Can now sell copper, iron, silver, gold, and platinum ore for credits.
Can sell ice now
Can recycle bodies and body parts too.
Fixed bug where recycling rocks was taking blocks instead
Fixed bug where when a unit gets the ability to transform a motorized puller into something, they forever flash. Which was confusing.
Removed infections.
Armor is now called "Combat xxxx" and is made from Steel, kevlar and such is removed.
Bug Found, not sure if to leave it or not *Coins will not stockpile due to being a CREATURE_MAT, as Coin stockpiles are designated for INORGANIC Coins*
Dogs have been temp disabled as pets for now.
Can buy Steel and Fuel so can forge armor, can make guns too.
Can no longer buy guns, just forge them
Can buy Anvils
Cut Krog cluster sizes down a bit from 3:8 to 2:4
Krog Spit should do more damage then just bruising skin.
Took Graphics from the WH40K: Underhive Mod (which was based off of Ironhand) http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=120494.0

To recap on some important things:
Units that enter combat and get hurt, tend to rank up. Dying horribly by another foe seems to make them max vet level (heroic)
Units that are resurrected from a Medical Machine cannot become a noble (unless I fixed this, my changes haven't been tested regarding this)
Coins cannot be stock piled. So might have to get creative on moving coinage around.
Krog spitter spit should be a bit stronger, if not oh well. Might just make it slow the target down.
Graphics are being used without confirmed permission, so don't get too comfy with them. I have asked for permission and credit is there, so remember the graphics are not mne.

Edit:
if you downloaded a copy April 9th 2014 before 7pm canada east the entity file is missing:
Code: [Select]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BUY_9MM_SMALL]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BUY_9MM_LARGE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BUY_32CAL_SMALL]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BUY_32CAL_LARGE]

I'm currently uploading a fixed version, but if you know your way around raws you can do this fix yourself instead of downloading this again, sorry.

Edit 2:
Uploaded, hopefully I caught all my accidental fixes which was errors that had to be fixed. That's what happens when you try to remake a whole industry.

EDIT 3:
Also appears I forgot to rename some reactions for buying concrete blocks
purchase a concrete block
purchase 25 concrete blocks (this is really 5
purchase 25 concrete blocks (10
purchase 25 concrete blocks (yup 25
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:22:51 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2014, 10:16:52 am »

Made a poll for what I should focus on next. 3 votes per person, All options will be worked on at some point, just the most wanted will be looked at first.

I am aware that the Krog are scary, had to reclaim my test fort a few times due to the bug-ers

EDIT:
I have decided to remove spitters from the wild krogs, and drastically weakened scouts. Drones will still be a threat in the roaming invasions, However seeing some votes I'll probably have more variety to see in the wild. and dangers because some of those will be able to fly, so hopefully you roof off your bases
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 02:49:25 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2014, 09:35:15 pm »

Right now from the voting I have a good feeling on what I should focus on the most, gonna wait a few more days while I bug hunt. But V1.3 will for sure have more wildlife, and less killer krog (and the krog that do show will only be in the caverns)

Also Suds Zimmerman was not only nice enough to let me use his graphics, he is also making custom graphics just for this mod as well. Which I am super excited for.

Plus I will have to rewrite the story on the OP because.. I am making this a Fan Mod of what this is inspired by. Tiberium Sun, and I'd say the events take part waaaay after the final game of the Tiberium Series which basically peace is restored, but where there is order there is chaos.

V1.3 won't have blue tiberium yet or even the super rare red tiberium. and one thing that vexes me is "how do I get the starting wagon 'not' be made from tiberium" really sounds weird that the most toxic and dangerous substance is made into a wagon for embarks.

but there will be more critters about (probably more dangerous then the Krog, have to see) might even make a creature that like moist areas and can spawn minions making those zones even more dangerous (if not impossible to embark on).

Later on I have more plans for tiberium making collecting 'shards' and digging for gems a bit more important then just chopping tiberium spires (altho spires will always give the most credits, but smaller samples are safer to work with)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2014, 02:10:09 pm »

looking at the poll so far seems make more wildlife (probably you're all bored at your embarks with nothing to kill or be killed by) then work on ammo (I have made them all generic like normal cheap ammo, armor piercing(ap) ammo that has more PEN, and Hallow Point(hp) ammo that causes more bleeding to unarmored creatures and will probably take off limbs too (so far AP can take a head off so some tweaking is needed))

right now i'm working on the tiberium fiend. basically a mutant horse-sized wolf that had a mouth like an crocodile and can shoot tiberium shards from pressurized tubes in it's snout. Oh and the Krog will trade places with the mutants (Mutants will be an above ground race, where as Krog invaders and wildlife in that caves)

Once I finish the fiends I have Floaters, Viceroids, and a vein monster to make.
My plans for a Vein Monster is something that is immobile and spawns a viceroid (of small or large) every month or so embarks that have these creatures might want to make it a mission to kill them at some point, as spawned creatures are like heat seeking rockets to anything that is living. Also they will pollute the water they are in making it undrinkable.

I'm also going to try and add in drinks and food to see how that works out. Going to see if I can make special containers just for drink by playing with some numbers so that rations and such are kept in barrels.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4